Author Topic: The Start  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
The Start
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:07:06 AM »
I have created the game 250 max stars to start,  No real star option.  i have started disasters off as well as no ruins on any planets in the system, however I had rolled dice and prepared such things,  if a disaster is to happen only I know when it will start, just to make it that much more fun.   also the current name of the government is still the Terran Federation as no name was ever set.   this can be changed by the senate whenever its felt nessisary.  I chose United states for the main themes, mostly because the united states name theme has lot of diversity in them.   however there are four other slots avilable for other name themes.  Chin is a pretty obvious choice,  im thinking Spanish as another,  maybe french, german, or russian and then finally a middle east or afrikan choice for the final.

Tech we started with a Trans Newtonion empire,  plus I instant researched boat and hangar bays along with all conventional engine research and missile launcher reduction size to box launchers.  I always felt the box launchers should be available from the start to simulate small planet bound defense craft like fighters or shuttle gunboats of sorts.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:08:56 AM by Detjen »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: The Start
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:39:55 PM »
You might want to explicitly lay out what tech you've got to start with. Might make getting ship bids easier.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »
Yes, please.  As soon as possible I'd like to know what I have to work with; specifically the initial tech, how many labs I have to work with, and what my two scientists look like.  I'd like to comment on the proposed military designs, but it's kind of hard to justify why it's not possible without the numbers.

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:36:46 AM »
  So going with a trans newtonian start has diffrent techs?  I was kinda hoping there woudl be a base start,  cause im not quite sure exactly what we have availalbe :p  i normally start with a conventional empire and research from there.  a trans-newtonian one seems to have a number of basic techs designed.   Any ideas on the best way to list this information? is there a screen I could take a shoot?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 02:13:57 AM »
  So going with a trans newtonian start has diffrent techs?  I was kinda hoping there woudl be a base start,  cause im not quite sure exactly what we have availalbe :p  i normally start with a conventional empire and research from there.  a trans-newtonian one seems to have a number of basic techs designed.   Any ideas on the best way to list this information? is there a screen I could take a shoot?

Did you allocate tech manually, or let the game decide? The game picks randomly, though it makes sure certain things like jump theory are present.

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 02:21:46 AM »
ahh ok I see now.  I did allocate some bonus start tech points to certain tech.   Ive gone ahead and tried writing it up as lists in the database,  hopefully it works out