Author Topic: how to add new themes?  (Read 1705 times)

Offline joeclark77 (OP)

• Commander
  • j
how to add new themes?
« on: November 04, 2014, 04:21:08 PM »
Related to my other post (about creating a commander-names theme), I'd like some help creating a new theme.  I created the three files as required, and put them in the Aurora directory, then selected "create theme", and this is the error I get:

I can see the theme name in the drop down (i.e. in the Race Details screen) but it doesn't do anything -- I still get ship and system names from the theme I was using before.
Is this broken, or am I doing it wrong?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: how to add new themes?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 10:29:00 PM »
Related to my other post (about creating a commander-names theme), I'd like some help creating a new theme.  I created the three files as required, and put them in the Aurora directory, then selected "create theme", and this is the error I get:

I can see the theme name in the drop down (i.e. in the Race Details screen) but it doesn't do anything -- I still get ship and system names from the theme I was using before.
Is this broken, or am I doing it wrong?

What's the longest name you tried to include in the theme? That's what this error is telling you happened.

Offline joeclark77 (OP)

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:00:37 PM »
Any idea what the limit is?  I have a system name 28 characters long, a class name of 14 characters, and a rank name of 25 (just using the same ranks as the United States theme).

By the way, does the Ranks.txt file just take 8 naval ranks?  How about ground forces ranks, civilian administrators, etc?  Should those be added to the end of the list, the beginning of the list, or edited some other way?

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 09:23:50 AM »
I am resurrecting this thread because I am having same problem.
Having created all three txt files, I try to create a "Suomi" theme, only to get error 53 "File Not Found" with the title of "Error in mnu AddTheme_click"