Author Topic: Question about whether I should start a new game  (Read 1216 times)

Offline DopplerEffect (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • D
Question about whether I should start a new game
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:22:11 AM »
So this past weekend I started a game (pretty standard start - along the lines of the wiki tutorial) where I didn't have a starting NPR.   I think I've played for maybe 10 hours and sol is extremely developed, I have 4 colonies over 200 million people.   The problem is that I put the number of jump points on random, and I only got 1.   And that 1 leads to a class II black hole.   My newest military vessels can navigate the system, but it seems almost impossible to establish trade between extra-solar colonies and the homeworld.   Even with magnetic confinement engine tech, it is enormously expensive to build freighters capable of 2kK/s+.

So should I give up?

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
Re: Question about whether I should start a new game
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »
You can always use SM mode to add another jump point to your system from the system overview window. Alternatively you could delete the blackhole system and let another be generated when you traverse the point again.

Offline DopplerEffect (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 07:29:01 AM »
Oh, cool I didn't know you could delete the system in SM mode.   Thanks :)

To bad that won't help my poor ion-engine based expeditionary force that discovered the system

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 07:49:01 AM »
No, keep playing! What awounderful opertunity and unique challange to the human race. Class two is not too bad, you can still make it out...

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:49:38 AM »
Oh, cool I didn't know you could delete the system in SM mode.   Thanks :)

Normally, deleting systems mid-game is a bad idea, as it could screw up the orders of NPR ships trying to cross that system and that will result in a lot of errors. In this case though, the game is new so it shouldn't be a problem.

Steve