Author Topic: Multiplayer AAR Interest Check  (Read 6142 times)

Offline MultiVitamin (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
Multiplayer AAR Interest Check
« on: April 08, 2019, 02:14:29 AM »
So with Aurora C# being as close as it is, I'd like to know if anyone here would be interested in an Interactive and Story based AAR.  There's a few ways that I'd possibly be handling this:

The main focused nation is Parliamentary, with the readers being able to take the spots of Political Party Leaders/Members with their seats on a parliament allowing them to vote on Bills that would decide what would happen in the game story/game-wise.

The main focused nation is a Clan/Council with the readers taking on the position of various important clan/council members, where they would vote on matters that, if passed, would decide what happens in game/story wise.

I GM a Multiplayer Aurora game and write it up events/diplomacy/combat/dialogue/etc between players into an AAR.

I do a normal Aurora playthrough, while readers are able to "claim" anything that can be renamed or changed position wise, allowing them to make their own RP/Story based posts based on what happens in the game (alongside being able to design ships/weapons/etc).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 05:21:58 AM by MultiVitamin »

Offline Tree

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Interactive+Story/RP Focused AAR Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 06:18:14 AM »
Those are always interesting but I don't think this forum is active enough for that.

• M
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 06:53:41 AM »
Those are always interesting but I don't think this forum is active enough for that.

Yeah I've kinda noticed that too. It's why I posted an interest check rather then a straight up "let's do this guys, sign up here and let's go" thread.

• M
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 12:11:32 PM »
Well all the same, I'll be looking for some players for a Multiplayer Campaign for me to GM and turn into an AAR.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 12:39:53 PM »
How 'multiplayer'?  Will you be sending around a passworded database for each player to run their own empire?  Or will they be submitting orders that you then implement, and receiving reports or updates from supposed underlings?

• M
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 01:53:18 PM »
How 'multiplayer'?  Will you be sending around a passworded database for each player to run their own empire?  Or will they be submitting orders that you then implement, and receiving reports or updates from supposed underlings?

It'd basically be the second one. People would tell me the empires they want to create, alongside any government/starting information, we'd also work together to generate a system appropriate for your empire, alongside choosing your techs, industry, etc. The players would tell me what they want to do/name/design, and i'd do it in the game for their empire, switch to another players empire, do what they want me to do, and proceed like that until everything is set for them. Then i'd progress it in "turns", turns being a single (or multiple if needed) 5 day to 30 day increment. I'd inform the player of anything that happens in their empire at the end of each turn/set of turns.

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 07:01:22 PM »
That's pretty standard multiplayer stuff, and reasonably workable, but beware that these are tons of work and quickly spiral upwards in complexity, most end up getting abandoned when the GM gets overloaded or something, including ones I've run.

That said I'd be into playing one if you do get it off the ground, so sign me up.

• M
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 09:35:27 PM »
That's pretty standard multiplayer stuff, and reasonably workable, but beware that these are tons of work and quickly spiral upwards in complexity, most end up getting abandoned when the GM gets overloaded or something, including ones I've run.

That said I'd be into playing one if you do get it off the ground, so sign me up.

Yea, they can be tons of work, and the more players the more the work increases. I'm thinking about limiting it to about 2 to 3 people, start off small so that I can get used to it and then go up from there once that one is finished.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 11:54:00 PM »
I'd be interested.  I can't get Aurora to run on my Win 10 laptop, so this would help scratch the itch.

• M
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 06:35:30 AM »
I will say that Discord is required, need a dedicated and quick chat platform to be able to do what the players want and report what happens quickly and efficiently.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 12:19:40 PM »
I'm interested for sure.

• M
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »
Could people that are interested PM me their Discord?

Offline doodle_sm

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: doodleSM
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 05:28:56 PM »
I'm interested for sure!
Maybe, in the end, this was the best that any warrior could hope for. A chance to reconcile with your enemy, or, failing that, to fall in the pursuit of peace

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 01:26:33 AM »
I don't have a Discord, and I don't know that I want to set one up just for this, so I will yield my place to someone else.

• M
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 07:15:02 PM »
I don't have a Discord, and I don't know that I want to set one up just for this, so I will yield my place to someone else.

If need be the forums messaging system can be used, but it might not be as instant as Discord would be.