Author Topic: taskforce refuses to move?  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Fairin (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
taskforce refuses to move?
« on: June 28, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »
ok little history here.  took 2 days to get the game to actually work (the all in one package simply gave so many errors it wasnt funny) eventually hammered out all the problems via dos commands to fix my registery (nightmare)

still not disheartened yet i set out and created my own galaxy - first a starter - non transnutonian or whatnot.  game gave 100s of errors due to i presume lack of tech (low morale on stuff we dont have!omgz!) so went ahead and created a default galaxy.

so i selected - pick my tech's for me.  and design ships (jesus 100 designs?) gave them all a good look over.  i figured i'd start simple like i did dwarf fortress.  lets make a geosurvey ship and explore some asteroids / planets ect , located the plan activated sm mode.  made a fleet of 5 added them to the taskforce for survey gave them an order to move to mars.

nothing happens.  click next day. .  nothing happens.  5 days .  still sitting at earth.

so i opened taskforce manager thingy, and set special tasks.  to survey planets and moons in system.  and removed their previous move to mars mission.  their orders filled up with surveying the solar system. 

but they will not move

infact ive been trying to get this game to work for 3 days and have yet to actually do anything in it.  NOT FOR LACK of trying mind you.  i swear i must be missing a "CONFIRM ORDER" button or something so obvious it makes me want to punch small children.

so for my next step im actually asking for help since search functions are either bleh.  or no one but myself doesnt know how to actually move ships

GSV Alpha class Geosurvey Ship    4 300 tons     137 Crew     1061. 4 BP      TCS 86  TH 150  EM 0
1744 km/s    JR 3-50     Armour 1-23     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/3/5     Damage Control Rating 2     PPV 0
Maint Life 2. 95 Years     MSP 309    AFR 73%    IFR 1%    1YR 53    5YR 794    Max Repair 100 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 1   

J4500(3-50) Military Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 4500 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 3
75 EP Ion Drive (2)    Power 75    Fuel Use 132. 76%    Signature 75    Exp 12%
Fuel Capacity 500 000 Litres    Range 15. 8 billion km   (104 days at full power)

Gravitational Survey Sensors (3)   3 Survey Points Per Hour
Geological Survey Sensors (5)   5 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

Offline Fairin (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
Re: taskforce refuses to move?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 07:08:29 PM »
figured it out - taskforces that you que ships to be built into do not move apparently - so while i had 5 ships ready to move out, the 3 i had building were stalling the entire force

that'd been nice to know -. -

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: taskforce refuses to move?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 07:17:21 PM »
That is a known effect, though the info may be a bit buried.  It is advisable to have a specific TG that has the sole mission of being a recieving point for shipyard construction. 
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley