Author Topic: Game status  (Read 3992 times)

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Game status
« on: March 08, 2012, 05:15:12 PM »
You might have noticed I have not made any turns to real life and having a couple of weekends away. Having said this only one person has asked about the game, so I get the feeling there is very little interest in this contining, plus a couple players have dropped off the radar with my emails.

I am thinking I need another GM to help me if there is still interest in this game. If the level of interest is now gone I will put ths game in hibernation.

Please let me know your thoughts

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Game status
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
I would certainly be interested in keeping the game going. One option might be to use the method Sublight is doing in his game, posting a dropbox and having the players just upload the save one at a time with their new orders and production queues.

Barring that I support the idea of you having a co-GM, I volunteer but I don't know how well that would work seeing as how I run one of the empires, I suppose if it comes down to it I could simply turn it over to my co ruler entirely.

Either way it rather depends on the other players, chime in guys? We keeping this going or what?

Offline Naismith

• Chief Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:56:11 PM »
I'm interested in continuing as well. I had figured that real life got in the way, and I thought about emailing but I didn't want to seem demanding.

Panopticon, how are you making sure that only one person at a time has the save?

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 12:40:28 AM »
It appears to be mostly through luck, but we are supposed to rename the file while it is in use to alert others that we are using it.

However with only 3 of us and a few days in between updates it is pretty easy to not overlap.

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 06:44:46 PM »
I am happy to move to that system, and just run the turns. It would be a way to cut down work all the way around as your orders would be minimal.

Do you make sure that, you always set the default race on exit. The reason I ask is if you leave it as yourself then when a new player entered they do not need to put in the password to view your world.

But as I was afraid only 2 people have replied to this post.

Offline Destra

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 02:20:40 PM »
Sorry, I too would like to continue, I know I've not been around much , rl has been smegty and well I've not been the greatest health wise but I enjoyed playing and would love to continue, either way whatever is easiest for you or best for you, I'd be ok with

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 03:45:43 AM »
Kewl we will continue, I will send out an email, and see who is missing in action. I think moving to the dropbox method might be good as well.

I will set that up we aim to start again during next week.