Author Topic: Fix for game slowdown due to fighting NPRS etc.  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Shuul (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
Fix for game slowdown due to fighting NPRS etc.
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »
Hello Steve,

After playing some time i noticed that time this game is just ubelievebly awesome but it still have some things that can be changed or fixed for better gameplay.
One of them is time slowdown due to fighting of other races.

One trick may be used in this situation - do not stop time each 5 seconds, instead, make a check for player race involvment and if he is not, just continue to the next 5 sec, so we dont have to push this button over and over again.
Lets say if System is not explored by the player everything in there doesnt stops time.
Or if active sensors of NPR ship detect another ship - check if its a player ship - if not - do not pause time, just continue in 5 sec increments.
well it will still go in 5 sec increments and will take longer time to process, but it will be not so frustating for the player.

It would also be nice if during turn processing (lockup due to 5 seconds for other races) we can actually see time changes in the screen edge.

Offline kks

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Fix for game slowdown due to fighting NPRS etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:37:33 AM »
I think that is what autoturns (little checkbox on the right of the bar with all the buttons) are for. The game advances until one interrupt related to an player occurs.

Offline Shuul (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
Re: Fix for game slowdown due to fighting NPRS etc.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 10:52:28 AM »
Quote from: kks link=topic=6070. msg62305#msg62305 date=1365521853
I think that is what autoturns (little checkbox on the right of the bar with all the buttons) are for.  The game advances until one interrupt related to an player occurs.

Oh, didnt knew that  :)

Thanks)