Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 38392 times)

Offline Lastof

• Leading Rate
  • L
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2020, 04:35:23 AM »
Quote from: DoctorDanny link=topic=10649. msg121564#msg121564 date=1586770276
how do you get the events to show up in the main window?

Its not implemented yet

Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10637. msg120877#msg120877
There are no events on the main window - only on the Events window.  Another sacrifice to faster delivery.

The following users thanked this post: DoctorDanny

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2020, 04:46:00 AM »
Is possible to set destination of Jump Point in Space Master? For example if I create Alpha Centaury can I link it to unexplored JP in Sol? It was possible in previous Aurora but I don't see the option now.

If it's not on the System View screen (in SpaceMaster) down in the bottom left corenr next to the jump points list, it's not implemented yet.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2020, 04:52:28 AM »
Is there a way to change the starting population for the player race in a new game?  I'm trying to do a conventional start with a mostly-accurate population for Earth (i.e. several billion rather than 500 million).

Turn on SpaceMaster (Crystal Ball, second from right end) and you can edit population (and installation) numbers on Colony window.

Of course, to more easily reset all your "stuff" to the 500 million level it's easier to delete the colony of Earth, then the Human race, then use System View (star with planets against black background button, in the middle) to select Earth and "Create Race" (bottom right) and walk through race creation all over again.
  --  Please note this will produce slightly different Humans, but personally I consider that a good thing.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 05:21:10 AM by Father Tim »

The following users thanked this post: Ynglaur

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2020, 04:54:26 AM »
Notably, the Infantry Regiment, with a given size of 13056, has an HQ rating of 7000.

Is that a bug in the generation of ground units, or something strange with regards to HQ sizing?

I wonder if all HQ units are added into pool of HQ power for the formation. How many HQ units does the formation contain?

The answer is supposed to be yes, but HQ components in the second (or third) slots are bugged in v1.00

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2020, 04:57:21 AM »
You used to be able to measure distances in the system map in VB6, but I can't figure out how to do it in C#.  Is that feature still in the game?

Not yet.  A lot of cosmetic and/or shortcut stuff was left out of v1.00

The following users thanked this post: MrHuman

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2020, 05:19:30 AM »
Another quick question: How do you remove modules from a ship in the design window?
I can only find the option to add modules.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2020, 05:26:55 AM »
Quote from: DoctorDanny link=topic=10649. msg121584#msg121584 date=1586773170
Another quick question: How do you remove modules from a ship in the design window?
I can only find the option to add modules.

Either wide view or Class component radio button will show you the list of "installed" components
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: DoctorDanny

Offline space dwarf

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2020, 06:28:56 AM »
If we make a prototype component, is there any way to say "make a research project for this component" or do i have to design an identical component and then research that one and swap it out in my designs?

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2020, 06:39:21 AM »
Quote from: Irishpolak link=topic=10649. msg121550#msg121550 date=1586766929
How do you remove components when designing a ship?  I can add them all day long, but unless I'm blind I simply can't see where to remove them.

Well, damn, as soon as I asked this I figured it out.   You have to double click the item while under "Class Components" https://i. imgur. com/yb7qCsn. png

you can also push wide button on tab at bottom of screen

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2020, 06:41:44 AM »
i cant seem to load Auto mines to asteroids from my frigate.  What am i doing wrong?

Offline King-Salomon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2020, 06:45:11 AM »
i cant seem to load Auto mines to asteroids from my frigate.  What am i doing wrong?

no Cargo Shuttles to unload?

The following users thanked this post: unkfester

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2020, 06:45:35 AM »
If we make a prototype component, is there any way to say "make a research project for this component" or do i have to design an identical component and then research that one and swap it out in my designs?

Click the prototype component in the ship class window.
Down on the right there's a Research Proto buttton. It will then become a research project
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Crimsonknight3

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2020, 07:20:26 AM »
I cant really see if this has been answered, but I have spent the last 40 mins looking and now im getting sore eyes lol

Has the entire "civilian leaders, planetary "overlords"" etc feature been removed, or just not implemented yet? I am referring to the system in VB where you can assign different civilians to run a colony with different bonuses etc. . . 

Offline Demonius

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2020, 07:27:09 AM »
Still there with all the other Leaders, check the "Commanders Window", the left hand tree has the civilian admins as well.

The following users thanked this post: Crimsonknight3, Ri0Rdian

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2020, 07:44:50 AM »
I cant really see if this has been answered, but I have spent the last 40 mins looking and now im getting sore eyes lol

Has the entire "civilian leaders, planetary "overlords"" etc feature been removed, or just not implemented yet? I am referring to the system in VB where you can assign different civilians to run a colony with different bonuses etc. . .

Crimson, what appears to be different in C# is where before you could just select Civilian Administrators generally and then see a list of both all available posts for a Civilian to be assigned, as well as a list of all Civilian Administrators. Now in C# you have to select a specific Civilian Administrator to see what posts there are, you can't just pick the Civilian Administrator category generally, or a Civilian Rank category.

Not sure if that's a bug, seems to make it a bit harder to figure out who needs to be assigned where.