Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 69361 times)

Offline JustAnotherDude

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2020, 02:33:21 PM »
It seems like occupation strength is very broken: I appear to need about 60 billion tons of ground troops to pacify an enemy homeworld, which has an occupation strength of 161,000.

SJW: Fixed
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:59:45 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Demetrious

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2020, 02:38:36 PM »
It seems you can add multiple spinal-mount weapons to a ship, as long as they are of the same type.  If you try to add two different spinal mount weapons to a ship, you get the usual "only a single spinal weapon can be added to a class design" pop-up message. 

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 06:15:14 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: lordcirth

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2020, 02:39:17 PM »
It seems like occupation strength is very broken: I appear to need about 60 billion tons of ground troops to pacify an enemy homeworld, which has an occupation strength of 161,000.

For completeness what is your decimal separator?

Offline replicant2699

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2020, 01:12:23 AM »
I've researched Cloaking Theory, Cloaking Efficiency 3 and Cloak Sensor Reduction 75%, so everything I need to design a cloaking device. Now there is a research called "Minimum Cloak Size 25" but I can already make a 25HS cloaking device. Is this a typo or am I reading something wrong?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 06:23:18 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2020, 02:07:15 AM »
There is a bug in which the research points amount, in creation, is often modified to 100.000 automatically (as soon as you want to edit something else). I believe this happens if you try to lower the current value, when you have some decent starting pop (500 M and more). For NPR only ...

Latest version, vanilla, race creation.

This is working as intended - NPR AI code needs them to have at least 100 000 points to work. -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:13:20 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Neophyte

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2020, 10:45:56 AM »
There is a bug in which the research points amount, in creation, is often modified to 100.000 automatically (as soon as you want to edit something else). I believe this happens if you try to lower the current value, when you have some decent starting pop (500 M and more). For NPR only ...

Latest version, vanilla, race creation.

I believe that's by design, see the Known Issues thread

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2020, 04:19:09 PM »
I've researched Cloaking Theory, Cloaking Efficiency 3 and Cloak Sensor Reduction 75%, so everything I need to design a cloaking device. Now there is a research called "Minimum Cloak Size 25" but I can already make a 25HS cloaking device. Is this a typo or am I reading something wrong?
Sounds like a bug to me...

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2020, 06:39:26 PM »
Version 1.12.0, decimal separator is a period, just a few years into a conventional start.

I designed a size-5 two-stage geosurvey missile and launched one at most of the planets in Sol. The first stage is slow (400km/s) but works fine. The second stage fails, giving me this message:

Code: [Select]
A salvo with 1x Crosswhite Sensor Systems Albatross Geosurvey Bouy has no sensors, no second stage and no method of movement. Therefore it has self-destructed
This was a bit unexpected, so I went hunting for a cause. After some back and forth, I noticed that I still have "No Tech" for geosurvey strength, and that the bouy shows a "-" in the geo column of the tech viewer. The missile designer still shows that I have 1MSP devoted to Geo Sensors, so that's ok.

It appears to me that it shouldn't allow me to design and research a geosurvey missile before I have the geosurvey tech.

SJW: I've changed it so that the geosurvey line doesn't appear until you have geosurvey tech
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:29:14 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: lordcirth

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2020, 09:22:55 PM »
Version 1.12.0, decimal separator is a period, just a few years into a conventional start.

I designed a size-5 two-stage geosurvey missile and launched one at most of the planets in Sol. The first stage is slow (400km/s) but works fine. The second stage fails, giving me this message:

Code: [Select]
A salvo with 1x Crosswhite Sensor Systems Albatross Geosurvey Bouy has no sensors, no second stage and no method of movement. Therefore it has self-destructed
This was a bit unexpected, so I went hunting for a cause. After some back and forth, I noticed that I still have "No Tech" for geosurvey strength, and that the bouy shows a "-" in the geo column of the tech viewer. The missile designer still shows that I have 1MSP devoted to Geo Sensors, so that's ok.

It appears to me that it shouldn't allow me to design and research a geosurvey missile before I have the geosurvey tech.

Your general explaination it's correct and agree that option should have been greyed out but there is no such function currently so I wouldnt say it's a proper bug but more of a missing feature?

Furthermore, as you can see from your design even if you have 1 point allocated to Geo the general value is zero which is correct.  A sensor in a buoy needs at least 0.25 value to work and you would also see a reactor component being added if all working properly.

However, as said, I agree that should be fixed in some way as I have tried it out and I had the same outcome with all designs. Easy to verify just starting a conventional game and design such buoys or second stage missiles.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 09:26:53 PM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2020, 09:25:08 AM »
V1.12,
Dot as decimal separator,
test scenario.

When a missile launcher is out of ammo, or the missile in the launcher has 0 hit chance, the launch will not happen, but the weapon breakdown chance still applies:

I think in these two cases (and there might be other cases I missed), weapon failure should not roll since the weapon did not fire.

SJW: I've moved the breakdown check after the ammo check.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 06:26:54 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline Winged

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • W
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2020, 10:02:16 AM »
When a game starts with Planet X turned on, if Minerva generates with trojan asteroids, their names look like "Minerva - Moon #1", "Minerva - Moon #2", etc. 
This confused me at first, because all other bodies named this way orbit planets, but these were on the orbit of Sol. 

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:38:46 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2020, 11:57:13 AM »
Your general explaination it's correct and agree that option should have been greyed out but there is no such function currently so I wouldnt say it's a proper bug but more of a missing feature?

I suppose it could be considered a missing feature instead :)

Furthermore, as you can see from your design even if you have 1 point allocated to Geo the general value is zero which is correct.  A sensor in a buoy needs at least 0.25 value to work and you would also see a reactor component being added if all working properly.

Yes, ironically at first I noticed the missing reactor, but then I shrugged and finished the design anyway. Alas, researching the tech didn't make my existing stock of missiles suddenly start working.

Also, the sensor value does not need to be greater than any threshold value; once I researched the tech and redesigned the buoy the value was only 0.03 and they worked just fine. They took ages to finish, of course, but the surveys were still finished sooner than I could launch my first 1kt survey ship. Also, after I launched the second batch it occurred to me that I could have rounded them down to slightly below 1 MSP and still had the same strength. Then the first stage could have been a little faster. Or if I had made the buoys slightly larger than 1 MSP they could have had 0.04 strength, meaning that they could finish 33% faster! Oh well.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »
Also, the sensor value does not need to be greater than any threshold value; once I researched the tech and redesigned the buoy the value was only 0.03 and they worked just fine. They took ages to finish, of course, but the surveys were still finished sooner than I could launch my first 1kt survey ship. Also, after I launched the second batch it occurred to me that I could have rounded them down to slightly below 1 MSP and still had the same strength. Then the first stage could have been a little faster. Or if I had made the buoys slightly larger than 1 MSP they could have had 0.04 strength, meaning that they could finish 33% faster! Oh well.

Missile sensors smaller than 0.25 MSP don't do anything. The actual strength of such a sensor can be anything, but the smallest working sensor is 0.25MSP. That's what froggiest was referring to.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2020, 01:21:28 PM »

Missile sensors smaller than 0.25 MSP don't do anything. The actual strength of such a sensor can be anything, but the smallest working sensor is 0.25MSP. That's what froggiest was referring to.

yes thanks, I mixed up sensor value with sensor size  :-\

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2020, 08:29:37 PM »
I'm getting errors which seem to be when a ship is set to auto-overhaul when it has exceeded deployment.   Right as the auto-order message would normally come up I get these two errors in succession:

1.  12.  0 Function #730: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
1.  12.  0 Function #722: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

It still sets up the movement orders to the colony (only one with maintenance facilities) and the overhaul order.   Don't see a separate order for refuel/resupply (I forget if it's supposed to be there.  ) The Orders Assigned message is missing though I see the Deployment Time Exceeded message in the previous tick. 

My full orders for these ships:
  • Survey Next Three System Bodies or Locations
  • Move to System Requiring Gravsurvey
  • if Deployment Exceeded, Refueld, Resupply, and Overhaul at Colony
  • if Fuel less than 40%, Refuel from Colony or Hub

These orders seemed to work as I'd expect with no errors at first, but after a few started showing these errors.  Only thing I can think of so far is that they're now 3 jumps out from the colony instead of 1-2.

Just to double-check, are there stabilized jump points through all 3 jumps?