Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 69306 times)

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2020, 01:05:39 PM »
I wasn't sure if this counted as a typo, like the double space on generated engine names, and if those should be reported somewhere other than this thread. I don't want to clutter up the reports with things that aren't really a technical bug, let me know if I should post somewhere else in future.

I hope this hasn't changed without me realising; on the C# changes list it is stated (emphasis mine):
"Any location that contains a population with maintenance facilities or a ship with maintenance modules is known as a 'Maintenance Location'. This does not need to be in the same location as a population. A Maintenance Location consisting only of ships with maintenance modules could be in deep space."

On the research description for Maintenance Modules it states:
"A ship component that is added to the total maintenance facilites of a population if the ship is on the same planet or in near orbit"

For ages I wasn't researching maintenance modules because I thought I had misread info about them on the wiki/forums.

- BTW, it sounds like a lot of Steve's time bug fixing is taken up with checking misleading bug reports and focussing on which are a priority. I was wondering if a Glitches/Typos thread might be an good idea. Things like spelling mistakes or UI oddities could be reported there. Just an idea, it might make things more complicated rather than less.

Pretty sure the descriptions of the old techs are just copied from VB6 without much changes.

There is a typo reporting thread, which is probably what you were looking for. http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10638.0

The following users thanked this post: Llamageddon

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2020, 01:12:44 PM »
Oh, woops, "Typos" right there on the pinned posts, I feel foolish.  :o I'm going to delete my previous post, so you will look like you are replying to no one.  :D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 01:19:31 PM by Llamageddon »
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded

Online Kelewan

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2020, 01:29:52 PM »
Quote from: froggiest1982 link=topic=11945. msg141655#msg141655 date=1602750208
Hi, not a bug.  Please use the below:

Movement Orders
Exclude Alien Controlled

The ship will not jump into any System marked as alien controlled.
Can confirm that this works for me.  Sorry, I didn't connect that these would work together.

I am wondering if I have a bug with this then. I have done all of the above and my survey ships are still jumping into that system to survey. I have double checked, they definitely have "Exclude Alien Controlled" checked and the system is definitely marked as alien controlled. Is this a bug or is it because they are set as neutral in my Diplomacy screen? Should I also mark it as protected in the "Miscellaneous" tab?

If the ships had already queued the move orders at the time you set the "Exclude Alien Controlled" or marked the system as alien controlled the ships will follow the orders
and survey the system till they leave the system (e.g. to refuel or to resupply )

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2020, 01:30:28 PM »
I was reloading the game to see what systems might generate when a ship entered an unexplored jump point and on about my 5th try the game has hung (Not Responding). As every time I just clicked on "1 Day" to explore the jump point I assume this is related to system generation. Unfortunately I can't think of any way to recreate the issue other than keep doing this and seeing if it hangs again.

Might be related to my first bug report when the game also went into "(Not Reponding)" when I created a new game.

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2020, 01:32:06 PM »
If the ships had already queued the move orders at the time you set the "Exclude Alien Controlled" or marked the system as alien controlled the ships will follow the orders
and survey the system till they leave the system (e.g. to refuel or to resupply )

I thought this wasn't likely, but I will run the game for a while and see if it happens again before confirming as a bug for me.

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2020, 09:08:00 PM »
Yep, it just happened again. I have the system set to alien controlled and no auto route, the ship is flagged to ignore alien controlled systems and it definitely had no orders queued. I had sent him back to refuel and on to a system far away from here last time this happened. He has actually passed through another alien controlled, no autoroute system to get where I just found him.

Offline Malorn

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2020, 09:44:58 PM »
Got a repeating bug

"Object references not set to an instance of an object."

It cycles through quite a few function numbers, including #2608, #222, #224, and #2339.

It seems to cycle infinitely, no matter how many times I push ok.

I was just passing 30 days as normal. The game is 227 years in, random stars, decimal separator is a period, TN start.

I did have the doom option for earth enabled, but it has long singe spiraled into the sun.

PS: I tried to attach the DB file, but for some reason I cannot attach anything, when I do and push post, it refreshes the page to 'create new topic'. Strange, I didn't used to have problems attaching files before...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 09:47:33 PM by Malorn »

Offline Marslettuce

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2020, 04:32:11 PM »
I couldn't see this already reported in the 1.11 bug thread so it might be new: If you set your Beam Fire Control to "1.25  Size 1.25 Range" it actually calculates it as if you had selected "0.25" and makes it 1/4 as small and 1/4 the range of the fire control.

I'd like to confirm this as well. All other multipliers seem to be correct.

TN Start
Real Stars
Period decimal separator
Always occurs

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2020, 05:03:33 PM »
I couldn't see this already reported in the 1.11 bug thread so it might be new: If you set your Beam Fire Control to "1.25  Size 1.25 Range" it actually calculates it as if you had selected "0.25" and makes it 1/4 as small and 1/4 the range of the fire control.

I'd like to confirm this as well. All other multipliers seem to be correct.

TN Start
Real Stars
Period decimal separator
Always occurs

+1 this happens to me as well

Offline Marslettuce

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2020, 05:52:16 PM »
Auto-assigned beam weapons are assigned to multiple beam fire controls simultaneously (See image 1). They do not seem to fire multiple times, as far as I can tell, so this is more of a display bug. I have 9 railguns for a total of 36 shots and this is reflected in combat (See image 2). Attempting to move the railguns to a fire control with a copy of itself results in 2 of the same railgun being assigned to that fire control. Eg. if FC1 has Railgun #1, and FC2 has Railgun #1, then dragging Railgun #1 from FC1 to FC2 will result in 2 copies of Railgun #1 under FC2, and none under FC1.

TN Start
Real Stars
Period decimal separator
Always occurs
18 years in

Offline Gnaius Pliny

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • G
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2020, 05:52:18 AM »
Survey Issue(?)

I have two Geosurvey Vessels with Standing Orders set to 'Survey Nearest Body'.  One doesn't seem to have a problem pathing to the next body but the other returns the 'Unable to carry out standing order: Survey Nearest Body' event log.

This started close to the end of surveying the Sol system but there were still groups of unsurveyed asteroids without a survey order targeting them.  I can manually order the ship to survey them and it will then find other nearby unsurveyed locations but then soon returns the same message.

I checked that the locations hadn't been assigned to the other ship and I couldn't see any orders related to them.  If this continues in other systems, I can see some intense micro might be needed, which is slightly frustrating.

This seems to be related to the distance between the ship and the survey location as the current distance between the ship with the pathing problem and the next survey locations is between 10-35b km but I could be wrong.  (Pre-post update: moved the offending vessel within 10b km and it was able to path to the next location (a comet) with no issues, so I'm more sure that this is a distance issue)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour but it is frustrating to have to manually survey the last locations.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2020, 07:56:26 AM »
The standing survey next _ orders are range limited. They won't grab targets more than 10bn km away to prevent accidentally losing a survey ship to a distant binary component or long period comet.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2020, 11:29:02 AM »
I encountered strange behavior from Precursor missile bases. They are shooting missiles at different direction than the location of my ships.

1.12.0, TN start, decimal separator is dot.

I tried to attach the database, but for some reason it will not upload.

Offline Marslettuce

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2020, 12:45:51 PM »
Disassembling some components doesn't add any research progress even if it says it does. This issue is intermittent, though. I disassembled some lasers and the stated progress was applied correctly. Disassembling some control systems provided no benefit, though (See attached images).

I tried closing and reopening the research window and checking other planets. I verified that the parts were disassembled on Earth.

TN Start
22 years in
Dot separator
Intermittent

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2020, 01:22:04 PM »
I tried to attach the database, but for some reason it will not upload.

Try zipping or otherwise compressing the database file. It might be a file size issue - large files above a certain size wont upload.