Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 67969 times)

Offline Ekaton

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2020, 01:25:12 PM »
Not sure if sector commanders work - in the officers menu I can see that my administrator is the current governor of Sol, but on colony menus for each colony it says that there isn’t one,

Known issue, already reported. Governors are there and working, they just do not show in Economy screen. -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:14:16 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2020, 01:26:22 PM »
Not sure if sector commanders work - in the officers menu I can see that my administrator is the current governor of Sol, but on colony menus for each colony it says that there isn’t one,

Just to make sure, have you added the sol system to the sector with the sector menu? By default sectors start empty

Offline JustAnotherDude

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2020, 02:46:54 PM »
I appear to be unable to change game settings after game start. The save settings button does nothing after checking boxes/typing in fields. I have tried changing settings on a save I was currently in and in a different save with identical results. I discovered this while looking into a second thing that I'm not sure is a bug, but I'll bring it up in case it's at all important. Long story short it appears that a spy ship of mine was causing the game to only move forward in the associated sub pulse increments while in enemy systems. I assume that this was related to detection.

Unconfirmed - what Black wrote below is correct. Player has to "save settings" then "play the game" with the right campaign selected to get back to it, then save the game and exit. Coming back to the game, the settings are now properly changed. -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 09:01:33 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2020, 03:00:51 PM »
I appear to be unable to change game settings after game start. The save settings button does nothing after checking boxes/typing in fields. I have tried changing settings on a save I was currently in and in a different save with identical results. I discovered this while looking into a second thing that I'm not sure is a bug, but I'll bring it up in case it's at all important. Long story short it appears that a spy ship of mine was causing the game to only move forward in the associated sub pulse increments while in enemy systems. I assume that this was related to detection.

After you change the setting and click Save Settings, save the game as well and then check the settings again. It should be changed.

Online Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2020, 03:04:52 PM »
I encountered strange behavior from Precursor missile bases. They are shooting missiles at different direction than the location of my ships.

1.12.0, TN start, decimal separator is dot.

I tried to attach the database, but for some reason it will not upload.

Probably a weird bug, but let's assume it's not.

What are the chances they shooting at something else?

Can you scout towards that direction or there is literally nothing there?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2020, 03:16:06 PM »
I encountered strange behavior from Precursor missile bases. They are shooting missiles at different direction than the location of my ships.

1.12.0, TN start, decimal separator is dot.

I tried to attach the database, but for some reason it will not upload.

Probably a weird bug, but let's assume it's not.

What are the chances they shooting at something else?

Can you scout towards that direction or there is literally nothing there?

I destroyed the Precursors and there was nothing else in the system. I have 0 NPRs at the start of the game, so only other possibility would be Star Swarm and I am quite sure I would detect them by now (I am played over a game year after the report). I should have archived the database and tried to upload it again. :(

I think that it may be connected to commands to follow the planet at certain distance. I noticed that my fleets sometimes move in strange direction, most likely in attempt to correct their approach vector in anticipated move of the planet on the orbit. And precursor missiles are anticipating the course change of my ships.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2020, 06:34:56 PM »
I'm getting errors which seem to be when a ship is set to auto-overhaul when it has exceeded deployment.   Right as the auto-order message would normally come up I get these two errors in succession:

1.  12.  0 Function #730: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
1.  12.  0 Function #722: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

It still sets up the movement orders to the colony (only one with maintenance facilities) and the overhaul order.   Don't see a separate order for refuel/resupply (I forget if it's supposed to be there.  ) The Orders Assigned message is missing though I see the Deployment Time Exceeded message in the previous tick. 

My full orders for these ships:
  • Survey Next Three System Bodies or Locations
  • Move to System Requiring Gravsurvey
  • if Deployment Exceeded, Refueld, Resupply, and Overhaul at Colony
  • if Fuel less than 40%, Refuel from Colony or Hub

These orders seemed to work as I'd expect with no errors at first, but after a few started showing these errors.  Only thing I can think of so far is that they're now 3 jumps out from the colony instead of 1-2.

Me too post! I'm seeing precisely the same behavior: Deplyment exceeded, then next tick I get two errors in order. No conditional order note in log, but ship is ordered to go to overhaul. But no refuel/resupply order is placed. It happens with "move to system requiring geosurvey" as the second standing order, too.

Offline Romalar

• Leading Rate
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2020, 08:01:36 AM »
Auto-assigning governors is not workable if you also have any administrative academy commandants or sector governors.  It will always reassign the latter two to be one of the colony governors and there appears to be no way to mark them as not auto-assigned or to assign a priority for them.

Known issue, already reported. -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:14:55 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2020, 08:55:08 AM »
I seem to have found a bug involving ground units that happens consistently.

So some alien ground units turned up on a planet I was exploring ruins on. They easily destroyed my two 2500 ton xenoarchaelogy expeditions there. I was curious as it was my first GU combat, sent a scout to planet, saw 9200 tons of ground units there. I think the are some kind of spoiler race, but am not experienced enough with Aurora to be sure.

I sent in a nearby transport with another 2500 ton xenoarchaeology team on it, they disembark and game just says alien forces have been defeated, no combat stats. I advance time by a day and I get:
Code: [Select]
1.12.0 Function #2714: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I press OK and the game continues and announces my new formation being destroyed by overwhelming alien forces, as expexcted. There doesn't seem to be any problems with continuing the game after this point as far as I can tell.

I've repeated it a few times. If I have a scout in orbit, the error message pops up twice, with just the transport in orbit it pops up once. It doesn't make any difference if I have active sensors scanning the ground forces or not.

Have saved the DB file in case you want to look at it.

Unmodded game
Known Star System not selected

Update: I just sent in a more conventional invasion force of medium vehicles. As soon as they had unloaded I got the same report about the alien forces being defeated, without any battle reports in the events log. When I advanced time by 1 day after that I got a normal series of battle reports, I had one damaged formation left. When I advanced by a day for a second time I got the same #2714 error 3 times in immediate succession (again, the same number of ships I had in orbit). After clicking OK on the last error popup the final battle reports came through, showing all my forces wiped out. It appears the object reference error may have been triggered by my last unit's destruction.

Out of curiosity I tried this again but immediately moved my transports out of orbit and I got no errors. The game and events seem to proceed as expected.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 05:39:38 PM by Llamageddon »
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2020, 11:41:45 AM »
Disassembling some components doesn't add any research progress even if it says it does. This issue is intermittent, though. I disassembled some lasers and the stated progress was applied correctly. Disassembling some control systems provided no benefit, though (See attached images).

I tried closing and reopening the research window and checking other planets. I verified that the parts were disassembled on Earth.

TN Start
22 years in
Dot separator
Intermittent

I saw something similar to this in 1.11 - @Marslettuce - were you researching those techs (or prior techs in the same series) when you disassembled the components? 

edit: my prior report:  http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.msg136399#msg136399
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 11:44:04 AM by bankshot »

Offline Malorn

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2020, 01:24:47 PM »
I seem to have found a bug involving ground units that happens consistently.

So some alien ground units turned up on a planet I was exploring ruins on. They easily destroyed my two 2500 ton xenoarchaelogy expeditions there. I was curious as it was my first GU combat, sent a scout to planet, saw 9200 tons of ground units there. I think the are some kind of spoiler race, but am not experienced enough with Aurora to be sure.

I sent in a nearby transport with another 2500 ton xenoarchaeology team on it, they disembark and game just says alien forces have been defeated, no combat stats. I advance time by a day and I get:
Code: [Select]
1.12.0 Function #2714: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I press OK and the game continues and announces my new formation being destroyed by overwhelming alien forces, as expexcted. There doesn't seem to be any problems with continuing the game after this point as far as I can tell.

I've repeated it a few times. If I have a scout in orbit, the error message pops up twice, with just the transport in orbit it pops up once. It doesn't make any difference if I have active sensors scanning the ground forces or not.

Have saved the DB file in case you want to look at it.

Unmodded game
Known Star System not selected

That sounds very similar to what I had, except my game got caught in a loop of errors. I think in my case it was NPR vs NPR, if it was caused by the same thing. There had been nearly two months of shortened increments prior...

Offline Ekaton

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2020, 06:03:46 PM »
As detailed here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11992.msg141975#msg141975

NPRs jump in and out of a system in a bizarre way.

Offline BritoO

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2020, 12:12:54 AM »
Just started a v1.12 game, selected Refuel, Resupply & Overhaul in Standing Orders for my first survey ships.

Find they overhaul OK but so far do not refuel or resupply before entering overhaul.

Is this unique to my set up?

Edit: A longer observation reveals the error codes:-

1.12.0 Function #730: Object not set to an instance of an object.

Followed by :-

1.12.0 Function #722: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

These two error messages occur as the ship defaults to its standing order to Refuel, Resupply & Overhaul . But only overhauls.

Edit #2
Started new game and still have this error.

Edit #3: I think its when the trigger for the standing order is Low Fuel.

Incidentally, when I select random warp points for Sol in the past 3-4 games including v1.11 The result is 2, always. Is it just a function of randomness or is the random number generator broken?

Ian

I'm getting errors which seem to be when a ship is set to auto-overhaul when it has exceeded deployment.   Right as the auto-order message would normally come up I get these two errors in succession:

1.  12.  0 Function #730: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
1.  12.  0 Function #722: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

It still sets up the movement orders to the colony (only one with maintenance facilities) and the overhaul order.   Don't see a separate order for refuel/resupply (I forget if it's supposed to be there.  ) The Orders Assigned message is missing though I see the Deployment Time Exceeded message in the previous tick. 

My full orders for these ships:
  • Survey Next Three System Bodies or Locations
  • Move to System Requiring Gravsurvey
  • if Deployment Exceeded, Refueld, Resupply, and Overhaul at Colony
  • if Fuel less than 40%, Refuel from Colony or Hub

These orders seemed to work as I'd expect with no errors at first, but after a few started showing these errors.  Only thing I can think of so far is that they're now 3 jumps out from the colony instead of 1-2.

To add some more to these bug reports I ran a series of test cases and seem to have "pinned" it down some.
Feel Free to look inside if you want an idea of the test cases i ran.

Off-Topic: show

Single System Cases - Only Sol System available

Case 1: No standing. Single conditional - exceed time -> refuel, resupply, overhaul.
   Result: No error, proper trigger, REFUELED and OVERHAULED(did not need supply)

Case 2: Survey next 5 bodies standing. Single conditional - exceed time -> refuel, resupply, overhaul.
   Result: No error, proper trigger, REFUELED and OVERHAULED(did not need supply)

Case 3: Same as 2, but watch the orders given
   Result: Refuel and Resupply order (no resupply needed). Overhaul order. Orders properly given

Case 4: Survey next 5 and Geo Survey other system. Single conditional - exceed time -> refuel, resupply, overhaul.
   Result: Result: No error, proper trigger, REFUELED and OVERHAULED(did not need supply)

Case 5: Survey next 5 bodies standing. Two conditionals - exceed time -> refuel, resupply, overhaul; fuel < 30% -> refuel, resupply, overhaul.
   Result: Trigger was exceed time: No error, proper trigger, REFUELED and OVERHAULED(did not need supply)
   Result: Trigger was Fuel Level: No error, proper trigger, REFUELED and OVERHAULED(did not need supply)

Case 6: Survey next 5 and Geo Survey other system. Two conditionals - exceed time -> refuel, resupply, overhaul; fuel < 30% -> refuel, resupply, overhaul.
   Result: Trigger was exceed time: No error, proper trigger, REFUELED and OVERHAULED(did not need supply)
   Result: Trigger was Fuel Level: No error, proper trigger, REFUELED and OVERHAULED(did not need supply)

Multi System Cases - Vessels in Non starting system (NOT SOL)

Case 1: Survey next 5 bodies standing. Single conditional - exceed time -> refuel, resupply, overhaul.
   Result: Error #730 Object Reference Not set to and instance of an object -> error #722 Object Reference Not set to and instance of an object
         REFUEL and RESSUPLY order NOT issues, Overhaul was issued properly. (proper navigation back to appropriate overhaul location as well)
         Error occurs when the normal conditional event message would be issued. Conditional Event Message is NOT issued.

DB available. Load and run 2 x 1-day increment. Error should appear

Seems like the error is linked with a vessel in one system looking to a Refuel, Resupply and Overhaul Location that is only available in a different system.

Error Messages are #730 followed by a #722. Both have the "Object Reference Not set to and instance of an object" message

DB is Linked. Run 2x1-day Increments and you should see the error.

SJW: Fixed. Thanks for the detailed explanation
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 06:02:11 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2020, 12:20:24 PM »
System body survey percentage remains at 0% until it is complete. 

First reported in 1.9.5
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg132788#msg132788

SJW: Fixed
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 06:06:26 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2020, 12:23:21 PM »
I encountered bug with Unload All installations command. If your freighter fleet carries more than one type of installation and you give it command to unload all, only first type of installation is unloaded.

It can be easily reproduced by loading two installations, for example mine and fuel refinery. Then give command to unload all and only first installation on the list is unloaded. I reproduced it several times.

TN Start
Real Stars
Period decimal separator