Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 1814 times)

Offline ojo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • o
Newbie question
« on: March 08, 2015, 06:12:01 AM »
i have made a Gev ship moved it to Mars.  it says arrived at destination, survey points required, what am i doing wrong?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 06:51:01 AM »
There's 2 types of survey sensors, gravity and geological. Grav surveys are for the jump point survey locations scattered around the system. Geologic surveys are for planets, moons, asteroids and comets. I think when you send a ship with geologic survey sensors it will display that message "survey points required" and a number, that number is larger depending on the size of the body. Mars for instance requires 340 survey points. A standard survey sensor provides 1 point per hour, so just advance time and you'll see the required survey points go down.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline ojo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • o
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 08:32:49 AM »
Ok, i see that now, i got the message about orders are done, but i dont get any more info of mars where i have sendt the ship, i go to the geological report site but there are no info there

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 08:51:34 AM »
Ok, i see that now, i got the message about orders are done, but i dont get any more info of mars where i have sendt the ship, i go to the geological report site but there are no info there
Quite often nothing will be found on a planet, you only get a report if minerals have been discovered, to check open the system view [F9] then click on Mars, to the left of the planet's name will either be a blank box for unsurveyed, an S meaning surveyed but no minerals discovered, or an M meaning minerals found. Theres also a window showing what minerals are present.
If nothing's there send a geological team, you might get lucky.
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline ojo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • o
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 02:16:44 PM »
Thanks for all the help!  :) tip: Remember to have maintenance module installed on ship before departure.  :-\

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 12:51:53 AM »
Engineering spaces are smaller and prevent breakdowns better. Maintenance modules are for holding extra maintenance for either resupplying very long serving ships, or for extending maintenance life to extreme levels.

Offline ojo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • o
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 12:55:37 AM »
that i dident know. but how come i get the last time incrisement all the time, i try to push 30 days intervall but i only get 5 hours ect, out of 100 push about 80 is 5 hour

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 07:32:18 AM »
NPRs are most likely doing something that slows the game down, like battling or having sensor wars.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.