Author Topic: Planetary Bombardment Questions  (Read 5439 times)

Offline Lightning (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
Re: Planetary Bombardment Questions
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 05:45:02 PM »
After ~50 years have passed and my serious military fleets are rolling off the production lines with division troop transports and multiple wings of destroyers and cruisers, I like to add a heavily armored 36kton meson cruiser to my individual fleets. This lets me target and destroy ground facilities (including missile defense centers) with mostly impunity through the enemy's atmosphere.

And dropping a dozen divisions on the ground surface and watching them wage war for a few months is a whole lot of fun. I never bombard an enemy homeworld unless I'm really upset with them.

Keep in mind you should assign all your combat battalions to headquarters long before you ever plan to use them in battle. They won't accumulate training points unless they are assigned to a higher headquarters. I suggest going through and assigning them all now. Even though it's tedious, you'll have to do it eventually, and the sooner you do it the better.

Yes, I've been assigning troops to headquarters for the training. I did catch that :)

The population I was asking about did get softened up a bit before the ground troops landed. Kicked up enough dust to cool the planet out of their tolerance. They didn't have enough infrastructure either. Sure that made them happy as well :p

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 02:08:33 PM »
I've a new question here, since I couldn't get answers before: I have recently witnessed a certain AI force being able to shoot lasers through 1atm atmosphere (=Earth), which should not be allowed, so either that faction got an unfair advantage there, or it was some abnormal bug. (could actually be, since my only PDC wasn't targeted at all for long, and only then after the whole rest of Sol system was cleared of forces)

I would be interested whether someone has experienced this as well, and which faction in Aurora was involved.(NPR, or one of the 3 spoilers?) You may save future billions of earthling lives, thank you.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 02:15:25 PM »
It is a bug. Fixed in v7.2.

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 02:24:03 PM »
Wow, thank you, that was quick info.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Balrogue

• Leading Rate
  • B
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 02:45:43 PM »
I have a question.  The Earth is actually bombarded but I don't know by who.  In the system I only see the ship of an allied NPR but not hostile ship.  Why ?

Offline DaMachinator

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 03:09:07 PM »
You need better sensors, or you're using mass drivers to send minerals to Earth and don't have one to receive them.
The maximum speed of any ship or missile with a given engine technology is the speed of a ship composed only of one engine of that technology with the highest power to weight ratio possible with current technology, and nothing else.

Offline Balrogue

• Leading Rate
  • B
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 03:16:59 PM »
Yes ^^ I don't have mess driver.  Thanks you very much.