Author Topic: Fight Tutorial?  (Read 4809 times)

Offline Kay (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • K
Fight Tutorial?
« on: September 30, 2014, 10:43:50 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a tutorial, either video, images or plain text that would cover a whole fight, including the fleet setup. 
I'm getting the hang of it by playing but I really think I'm not doing it in an efficient way.
The tutorial would ideally cover:
- Assigning missiles to launcher for each ship: Is there a way to automatize this?
- Assigning fireControl for every launcher/turret.
- Turning active sensors on/off depending on the situation.
- Patrolling in a formation (I'm really lacking info on this, currently I can only travel from planet/moon/body fully packed together or following each other, can you even travel to a specific point in space?)
- Actual fight sequence:
Is there a way to automatise all the needed clicks? Patrolling with 8 destroyers, I currently have to manually assign each fireControl to a detected target and press fire.
How do you spread your Z AMMs launcher vs X salvos of Y missiles?
CIWS work by themselves, but how do I put my laser turrets in an anti-missile role instead of anti-ship mode? Is there a way to automatize this or do I have to reassign my beams fire controls to the missile salvos?

Many thanks in advance!

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
Re: Fight Tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:37:22 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a tutorial, either video, images or plain text that would cover a whole fight, including the fleet setup.  
I'm getting the hang of it by playing but I really think I'm not doing it in an efficient way.
The tutorial would ideally cover:
- Assigning missiles to launcher for each ship: Is there a way to automatize this?
- Assigning fireControl for every launcher/turret.
- Turning active sensors on/off depending on the situation.
- Patrolling in a formation (I'm really lacking info on this, currently I can only travel from planet/moon/body fully packed together or following each other, can you even travel to a specific point in space?)
- Actual fight sequence:
Is there a way to automatise all the needed clicks? Patrolling with 8 destroyers, I currently have to manually assign each fireControl to a detected target and press fire.
CIWS work by themselves, but how do I put my laser turrets in an anti-missile role instead of anti-ship mode? Is there a way to automatize this or do I have to reassign my beams fire controls to the missile salvos?

Many thanks in advance!

It should be possible to figure most of the fighting out using the "Combat Assignments Overview" window (F8). Mouseover tooltips are my best friends  ;D

There you have buttons to copy missile/launcher/FC settings and targets to all ships in a TG or all ships of same class. As well as PD/Sensor settings, syncronized fire and some more.

In the Task Group window You can also use the "Active On" button to turn on all active sensors in a TG which is shown as an (A) next to each ship, and the Special Orders / Organization tab to handle formation flying. That tab also comes in handy to copy order to subordinate Formations, so you can give your Mega Carrier an order, launch all 20 fighter wings and then copy that order to all of the 20 fighter wing TGs in one click.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 03:39:06 PM by alex_brunius »

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 05:58:19 PM »
If you want to fly to a point in space where nothing is you need to set a waypoint.  the easiest way to do this is on the system map right click, one of the options is to set a waypoint.  After that you can send your ships to the waypoint just like any other destination in the system.

Brian

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 05:38:22 PM »

Many thanks in advance!

F8 window setup handles all of that.