Author Topic: New Alien Race in the Sol System!  (Read 1764 times)

Offline sausage (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
New Alien Race in the Sol System!
« on: May 16, 2010, 12:45:55 AM »
so im minding my own business attempting to figure out how [spoiler:xoedmnwv]in the hell to use the new wormhole that popped up[/spoiler:xoedmnwv] in the sol system, so I send a jump ship over there and boom, 3 thermal contacts directly on top of it, my only combat ship is 103m km away, within 30 seconds thermal sensors detect a Strength-30 nuclear explosion and my jumpship is gone and I lose detection of the enemy ships.

Wish me luck.

oh and by the way everytime something happens with the [spoiler:xoedmnwv]wormhole[/spoiler:xoedmnwv] I get an error 3265, might be just an unfixed bug but I dont know

oh god: last time increment 25 seconds. Strength 30 Nuclear Explosion Detected! Strength 16 secondary Power System Explosion Detected! Illustrious 001 suffers complete strcutural failure due to the amount of damage it has recieved. The ship is destroyed.

uh ohs... that was my combat ship

New thermal contact! Thermal 24 x 16 detected! Thermal 93 x 16 detected.

My event log was just filled with civilian ship casualties. Strength 1 Nuclear explosion detected x48

multiple nuclear missles are heading straight for earth at 80,000km/s oh god no...

Strength 18 Nuclear Detonation x48 detected! Earth suffered 29 hits for a total of 409 points of damage. Casualties:40.6m Infrastructure Loss: 20 Industrial damage is as follows

Strength 30 Nuclear Detonation x48 detected! Earth suffered 48 hits for a total of 1440 points of damage. Casualties: 144m Infrastructure Loss: 0

goodbye sweet earth, its been fun.

Aurora, you are an unforgiving game, just making sure you know that

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: New Alien Race in the Sol System!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 04:49:11 AM »
Quote from: "sausage"
so im minding my own business attempting to figure out how [spoiler:2eo6d6sk]in the hell to use the new wormhole that popped up[/spoiler:2eo6d6sk] in the sol system, so I send a jump ship over there and boom, 3 thermal contacts directly on top of it, my only combat ship is 103m km away, within 30 seconds thermal sensors detect a Strength-30 nuclear explosion and my jumpship is gone and I lose detection of the enemy ships.

Wish me luck.

oh and by the way everytime something happens with the [spoiler:2eo6d6sk]wormhole[/spoiler:2eo6d6sk] I get an error 3265, might be just an unfixed bug but I dont know

oh god: last time increment 25 seconds. Strength 30 Nuclear Explosion Detected! Strength 16 secondary Power System Explosion Detected! Illustrious 001 suffers complete strcutural failure due to the amount of damage it has recieved. The ship is destroyed.

uh ohs... that was my combat ship

New thermal contact! Thermal 24 x 16 detected! Thermal 93 x 16 detected.

My event log was just filled with civilian ship casualties. Strength 1 Nuclear explosion detected x48

multiple nuclear missles are heading straight for earth at 80,000km/s oh god no...

Strength 18 Nuclear Detonation x48 detected! Earth suffered 29 hits for a total of 409 points of damage. Casualties:40.6m Infrastructure Loss: 20 Industrial damage is as follows

Strength 30 Nuclear Detonation x48 detected! Earth suffered 48 hits for a total of 1440 points of damage. Casualties: 144m Infrastructure Loss: 0

goodbye sweet earth, its been fun.

Aurora, you are an unforgiving game, just making sure you know that
As far as I am aware [spoiler:2eo6d6sk]you can't use the wormhole.  It is how the Invaders enter our Galaxy.  Steve has said that he will include the option to disable the Invaders just like Precursors with the next release.[/spoiler:2eo6d6sk].  In this situation you have been pretty unlucky, unfortunately it sounds like you didn't have the tech and warships to combat the threat.
Welchbloke

Offline sausage (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 11:07:10 AM »
haha that would have been good information. I might have been able to save myself, or at least try a little harder

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 02:40:49 AM »
[spoiler:1ppk9jes]Until Steve adds the option to turn off the aliens, you can turn them off by turning off Precursors. The downside to this is you don't get Precursors, the upside is you don't lose Earth :)[/spoiler:1ppk9jes]
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »
Quote from: "AndonSage"
[spoiler:3ww1n5kf]Until Steve adds the option to turn off the aliens, you can turn them off by turning off Precursors. The downside to this is you don't get Precursors, the upside is you don't lose Earth :)[/spoiler:3ww1n5kf]
Good point, I had forgotten that.
Welchbloke

Offline sausage (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »
so I started a new game and I have a bunch of military tech, got a missle researched and loaded into a PDC, how do I launch it? (im just testing to make sure I have it right, I want to launch it at luna, cuz it has nothing on it and it will be fun)

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »
Quote from: "sausage"
so I started a new game and I have a bunch of military tech, got a missle researched and loaded into a PDC, how do I launch it? (im just testing to make sure I have it right, I want to launch it at luna, cuz it has nothing on it and it will be fun)

First, questions like this should go into the Academy forum (new user and such :)  )

Second, have a look here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2386&p=23108&hilit=Battle+Control+Window#p23089

Third, basicly, you can´t
As you said yourself, there isn´t anything on Luna. This, in turn means, Luna won´t show up in the target window, so you can´t select it as a viable target. Think of it as: Your targeting software _knows_ there is nothing to shoot at at Luna and simply won´t let you target it and the weapons-officer in your PDC does not have the needed Mega-Administartor rights to override the program.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany