Author Topic: Raiders/Pirates/Rebels  (Read 1473 times)

Offline diquitee (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
Raiders/Pirates/Rebels
« on: January 07, 2014, 06:58:54 AM »
Hi guys, I've just started playing again after a long old while and I've forgotten how immersive and spectacular this game is.   Big thanks to Steve for letting me waste my evenings away!

I'm currently playing a game in sol, have a few colonies and the commercial shipping is well established, though I've yet to venture out to different systems.   Before I used to create player empires to RP as a sort of separatist faction on one of the colonies, to raid commercial shipping and just be a nuisance.    I was just wondering if there's anything like this already implemented and the game will generate pirates or raiders or even a rebellion if a colonies unrest gets too high.   I can't see anything on it so I don't expect so, so will probably go and create a player faction again.    Though if I don't is there any reason to create a reasonable military force yet before I head out to the unknown?

Thanks guys and sorry if if this post is a little incomprehensible, I'm running on 3 hours sleep today (see first paragraph  ;) )
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:28:40 AM by diquitee »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Raiders/Pirates/Rebels
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:01:24 AM »
The only game mechanic reason for military prior to war is for security. Each colony wants to feel safe, so they require a certain amount of protection. This is provided by ships, or garrisons (to reduce the unrest after).