Author Topic: v1.40 Bugs Thread  (Read 21818 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.40 Bugs Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2020, 10:34:13 AM »
On every colony in Sol (haven't colonized other system yet) it says:
"ground based survey potential - Completed"
But I haven't even built my first ground survey unit!
I haven't started the game with geological surveys already done in Sol either.

So shouldn't it say "excellent" or "poor" or "average" or something like that, instead of "completed"?

Only a small number of bodies are eligible for survey - check the changes list for details.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2020, 10:38:47 AM »
It might be less ambiguous to have a "survey potential - None" value.

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd, MrHuman

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2020, 10:39:21 AM »
Looks like a button that got removed still has it's background block of blue left over.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2020, 10:52:07 AM »
You can toggle no armor on locked designs removing all armor and engines from allready build ships.

Fixed.

Offline GL

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2020, 10:55:33 AM »
Still some problems with the calculation of admin command min ranks.

Here is a save where the oob has some examples

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2020, 11:02:46 AM »
Hovering over the "Raise Shields" button in the Naval Organization tab shows the text "set all ships in the selected fleet to synchronize fire on or off."

Offline Agoelia

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2020, 11:05:16 AM »
"all jump points are stable" in the options menu does not work.
Very easy to reproduce in 5 minutes, start a new game with grav survey already done, instant-create a new ship with no jump engine, try jumping.

Just tested and it is working. Please confirm you are using v1.4.

Confirmed (Image 1) ((Edit: attached the wrong image. However, I did check in the misc tab, this is 1.4))
I checked again that the option is on, and it is.
Then I sent once again my survey ship to a Jump Point in Sol (I still have to make my first jump).
The ship is a military ship, with a military engine, no jump drive, it is alone and traveled from Earth to the jump point with no problems and has plenty fuel/supplies.
As soon as the ship gets to the JP, I get a transit failure event (Image 3)
I also tried a squadron jump (as opposed to a standard transit) but result is the same.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:53:14 AM by Agoelia »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2020, 11:05:48 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10715. msg123058#msg123058 date=1586942737
Quote from: Demonius link=topic=10715. msg122932#msg122932 date=1586910633
Anyone able to create Medals?

I suddenly get Error 2471, Value can't be NULL although I have filled out all fields and selected an Image.

That error is in Display Medals.  Can you link your DB?

Here it is.

I also got the load game bug with 1170 and 1168 again which was also reported by master18 just a bit before your reply, as well as the message 1130 d:\auroraC\medals

1170 is caused by a problem with ruins on Mars (in this DB anyway). There are abandoned factories but no Ruin ID or Ruin Race.

1130 is caused by not being able to find the image file for a medal because the image name is blank. That causes the load function to fail, which in turn means no medals are loaded. I'll make the load more robust.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2020, 11:06:57 AM »
The Economics window auto-updates itself whenever you move time forward a turn (great improvement over VB6!), but the Naval Organization window doesn't. Every turn, you have to click "Refresh" or close/reopen the Naval Org window to get an accurate display.

Naval Org should probably refresh once at the start of every turn.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:10:30 AM by Ancalagon »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2020, 11:07:22 AM »
"all jump points are stable" in the options menu does not work.
Very easy to reproduce in 5 minutes, start a new game with grav survey already done, instant-create a new ship with no jump engine, try jumping.

Just tested and it is working. Please confirm you are using v1.4.

Confirmed (Image 1)
I checked again that the option is on, and it is.
Then I sent once again my survey ship to a Jump Point in Sol (I still have to make my first jump).
The ship is a military ship, with a military engine, no jump drive, it is alone and traveled from Earth to the jump point with no problems and has plenty fuel/supplies.
As soon as the ship gets to the JP, I get a transit failure event (Image 3)
I also tried a squadron jump (as opposed to a standard transit) but result is the same.

Do you the jump gates have squares around them?

Can you please confirm that is says v1.4 in the Misc tab of the Tactical Map.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2020, 11:09:24 AM »
Hovering over the "Raise Shields" button in the Naval Organization tab shows the text "set all ships in the selected fleet to synchronize fire on or off."

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2020, 11:11:09 AM »
Conventional Start.

Get income from 300,6 Financial centres, despite having still conventional industry and no financial centres.
If Conventional Industry is supposed to to add wealth, I think it is much clearer it would show CI as source of wealth.

See the change log. Conventional industry functions as a partial financial centre.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2020, 11:15:39 AM »
Minor annoyance: Unrest can happen in C# from population slightly exceeding infrastructure, perhaps from pop growth fluctuations. This causes a bunch of needless messages in the game log as unrest fluctuates between 99.9% and 100%.

Perhaps unrest messages should not be shown in the log until the unrest level drops at least below 99.0%. Example event log:

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »
Seems like executive officers aren't assigned, at least for me in my games. Dunno what the requirement is for that but it seems strange I have none at all.
Maybe this is more suggestion-y but it would be great if there was an option also for auto-assign to fill empty spots on ships after everything else is done even if they don't have an applicable bonus. In priority of promotion grade or something.

EDIT: Apparently my ships don't have COs also, I don't have enough officers it seems. Others have reported XO assignment working. However, it seems like commander priority isn't working properly. I set my larger ships to have a higher commander priority but all the commanders are still hogged by the smaller ships with a lower priority.
All types of officers are assigned automatically in my current game, including XOs.

Commander priority for ships isn't working, however, I can confirm that.

I have commercial ships with 0 Command Priority, DDs with priority 2, and CAs with priority 5. DDs and civilians were filled first, while CAs are not getting officers. There were not enough officers of required rank (Captain) to fill all the ships before the assignments took place, so priority should've picked the CAs first, then DDs and only then civilian ships. But CAs were not given priority.

It is working. It is just that the highest priority is zero :)  It probably makes more sense to have higher numbers with higher priority so I will reverse the sort order.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104046;topicseen#msg104046

The following users thanked this post: Doren, Alsadius

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2020, 11:17:38 AM »
Maintenance vessels in a fleet or in a sub-fleet that are set to "Supply Fleet" don't transfer MSP to the parent fleet.

Are they flagged as supply ships?
I noticed that I am also unable to order a fleet with low MSP to resupply from a fleet that contains supply ships. Haven't been able to transfer MSP from ship to ship at all. Order to resupply from own supplies or the join commands aren't transferring any MSP to ships either

What should I be doing?