Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 54859 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #360 on: September 17, 2020, 06:34:21 PM »
I conquered a precursor pop and found some of their missiles, but I can't actually load them onto any of my ships as they don't show up in the class or ship ordnance screens.

Again, I modified my DB slightly, but I imagine it should be reasonably easy to reproduce if you can debug in a precursor pop. People's Republic of Luna empire, Procyon's Rest is the ex-precursor pop if you wanna look.

This is a known bug or at least it has been discussed in other threads if not here. Right now alien missiles are unusable and can only be scrapped. Also if you post with a modified DB or anything please explicitly mention explicitly what the modification(s) is(are), even if you think its completely unrelated, let Steve/the bug mods decide that.

Online Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #361 on: September 18, 2020, 12:14:17 AM »
This is a known bug or at least it has been discussed in other threads if not here. Right now alien missiles are unusable and can only be scrapped. Also if you post with a modified DB or anything please explicitly mention explicitly what the modification(s) is(are), even if you think its completely unrelated, let Steve/the bug mods decide that.

Ah, it's good to know others have already reported it. I've actually gotten them usable with more DB modification, after the point at which the DB was saved.

Let's see, what did I change?
- Components with sizes (engineering spaces, fuel tanks, maintenance bays etc.) are renamed: Tiny Engineering Space -> Enginering Space (5t)
- Tractor beam changed to 1 HS instead of 10
- I changed the flag for an NPR once
- Disabled the player interrupt for discovering a JP
- And I set an NPR to be able to communicate with a player race once, the SM button only sets it one-way. I think that's it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 12:16:47 PM by Zap0 »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #362 on: September 18, 2020, 06:28:26 AM »

Ah, it's good to know others have already reported it. I've actually gotten them usable with more DB modification, after the point at which the DB was saved.

- Components with sizes (engineering spaces, fuel tanks, maintenance bays etc.) are renamed: Tiny Engineering Space -> Enginering Space (5t)
- And I disabled the player interrupt for discovering a JP. I think that's it.

Off-Topic: show
Did you SM Luna as Jungle in the last AAR? Just out of curiosity

Offline SerBeardian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #363 on: September 19, 2020, 09:55:02 PM »
What is going on with tugs and fuel use?

A while back, we confirmed that a tugged ship doesn't use fuel by dragging a slow ship with engines to Jupiter and back - the tug used fuel, the tugged ship did not.

Today, I spent about an hour on stream tearing my hair out.

Two identical ships, two identical tugs, one uses fuel when tugged the other doesn't, and I for the life of me can't figure out why, so I'm reporting it as a bug.

For reference, S1 is the ship that's thirsty.
I have tried:
T1-S1;T2-S2;same fleet
T2-S1;T1-S2;same fleet
T1-S1;T2-S2;different fleets
T2-S1;T1-S2;different fleets
Deleting T1 and respawning via SM
Deleting S1 and respawning via SM
Recreating both fleets about three times
confirming the tug relationship (which I had to do in the DB because it doesn't explicitly tell you anywhere else)
Fuel use is otherwise normal for all ships when not tugged, and putting S1 and S2 through combat did not make any difference.

No matter what I do, Ship 1 uses fuel, Ship 2 doesn't, and there seems to be no reason for this discrepancy.

Database is attached from after all the above tests - Eisenhertz is the thirsty ship.
1.11, no mods.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 09:56:52 PM by SerBeardian »

Offline dag0net

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #364 on: September 19, 2020, 10:49:44 PM »
Searched, sry if repeat.

1.11.0 Function #3249, Item#;constraint failed UNIQUE constraint failed: FCT_System.SystemID            

Corresponding             

1442   FCT_SurveyLocation         
1443       Star
1444       JP/WP
1451(LP)
1471shipid
1465shipclassid
1481shipyardid
1480 commander   
1451(LP)
1501 increment   
1456 SystemBody
3230 tech system
1500sdcomponentid
3250 groundunitformation   
   1460 Fleet.FleetID         

Think that's all of them, not sure if some were repeated, sry, will edit if I can refine.

1.11.0 : Known Stars : Nomods, no clue.

A while back, we confirmed that a tugged ship doesn't use fuel by dragging a slow ship with engines to Jupiter and back - the tug used fuel, the tugged ship did not.

Today, I spent about an hour on stream tearing my hair out.

Two identical ships, two identical tugs, one uses fuel when tugged the other doesn't, and I for the life of me can't figure out why, so I'm reporting it as a bug.

For reference, S1 is the ship that's thirsty.
I have tried:
T1-S1;T2-S2;same fleet
T2-S1;T1-S2;same fleet
T1-S1;T2-S2;different fleets
T2-S1;T1-S2;different fleets
Deleting T1 and respawning via SM
Deleting S1 and respawning via SM
Recreating both fleets about three times
confirming the tug relationship (which I had to do in the DB because it doesn't explicitly tell you anywhere else)
Fuel use is otherwise normal for all ships when not tugged, and putting S1 and S2 through combat did not make any difference.

No matter what I do, Ship 1 uses fuel, Ship 2 doesn't, and there seems to be no reason for this discrepancy.

Database is attached from after all the above tests - Eisenhertz is the thirsty ship.
1.11, no mods.

Seem to be some issues with Officers, took a look? Deleting the ship might be leaving the commander in-situ(or something).
People blame god for making life worth living, in the same vein. . . "Work harder Steve!"

Offline Kelewan

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #365 on: September 20, 2020, 10:02:54 AM »
The function number 2169
The complete error text  "Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt." the english  error message should be "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
The window affected Research Window
What you were doing at the time Checking why the next queued research did not start after researching "Ion Drive Technologie" was researched
Conventional or TN start TN
Random or Real Stars Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? No "."
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Forum Search showed that this bug has been reported for 1.8.0, 1.9.5 and 1.10.0 but I don't know how to reproduce.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well ~13 years

I had many Research Topics queue, but after this bug only three where shown. After saving and loading, the error disappears and most research topics are again shown in the queue,
but the  topics for "PP" are missing. I have no recent save before the bug, only one direct after the bug

I received this error message again, this time after a successful espionage on a research topic I was researching at that moment "Heavy Crew-Served Anti-Personal"
I have a Save that is 2x(1 Day Steps) (1 Day 3h) before the Bug, but the tech you gain (if any at all) is random, so in most cases the bug is not triggered
The ZIP file also includes the save after the bug has occured

The following users thanked this post: dag0net

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2020, 12:44:31 PM »

There has been one tug bug fixed for next release already but it related to towing shipyards, sounds like this may be a new one.

Online Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2020, 05:30:48 AM »
There's a bug with the "Include low-gravity habitable" display option on the map; it does not actually increment the habitable words counter on each system. If the only habitable colony in a system is an LG one the blue dot will just be labeled with 0, see screenshot.

Was able to replicate in a fresh DB by SMing some random LG moon in another system to be habitable.

Online Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2020, 06:30:00 AM »
I'm having an issue with civilians not taking contracts. I'm trying to have them ship to a distant colony in another system. Initially they did that just fine (and in fact there's a ton of civilian ships still sitting at that colony and idling) but eventually they stopped doing it. I don't have an exact point, but my best guess is that it has something to do with me renaming the system once and then renaming it back to what it was before when I realized that that name would keep being assigned to other systems as I explore them. I probably used the "Rename Sys All" function for that.

In case you want to take a look yourself I'm attaching the DB (Argentina and Russia both have the problem), same terms and conditions apply:
- Disabled the player interrupt for discovering a JP
- And I set an NPR to be able to communicate with a player race once, the SM button only sets it one-way. I think that's it.

Edit:

@Below: yeah, I checked - nothing set avoid, no danger ratings, no involved bodies banned, no systems set to military restriction.

Figured it out!

Civvies won't path through systems marked as under alien control and I had set systems with colonies of other human empires in the path as being under "alien control".
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 09:21:38 AM by Zap0 »

Offline drejr

• d
« Reply #369 on: September 21, 2020, 01:43:11 PM »
I had the same problem recently - civilian ships sat around at colonies for months ignoring contracts, then started moving again when the carrier launched a new ship.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2020, 12:15:10 AM »
Probably a bug but just ensure you havent cut the system off through military only flag.

Also remember it does matter if there were hostiles in the way as civvies wont flight through dangerous systems.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 12:20:03 AM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Norm49

• N
« Reply #371 on: September 24, 2020, 03:18:38 PM »
I just had a civilian mining outpost ruining out of mineral so the colonies was automatically disassemble but when doing so all the stockpile mineral I had there were lost.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #372 on: September 24, 2020, 11:26:16 PM »
In the Intelligence and Foreign Relations window, if you hit enter while entering a new abbreviation for a race, it adds a newline, which makes corresponding contacts on the tactical map look very weird.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #373 on: September 25, 2020, 11:53:04 PM »
I have a couple of issues with my current game:
1) save time is 40 seconds (give or take for reaction time). This seems kind of long, previous versions I think it was taking maybe half that time.
I don't know if this is my computer or something with the DB.

2) I deleted a colony because I couldn't get rid of the population.
I added back the installations and ground units via SM.
However when adding units with SM I accidentally clicked create task not add units and I got this error
1.11.0 Function #2186: Attempted to divide by zero.
Now every time I go back to this colony I get the same error message.
It keeps happening after I saved and restarted the game. To test this I created a colony on Demios and clicked the create task button again. It gives the same error message.
In addition to this I can't delete the colony.
In the attached DB the error is in the Helios system, colony Heffrin, I didn't save the test with Demios.

3) Finally I am missing the wreck of my survey ship which was in the Kar Duniash system.
I am aware that swarm eat wrecks but as far as I can tell the ship was destroyed by missiles which I believe are not used by the swarm. I'm not sure how to definitively check if the race is the swarm or not.

4) when placing labels on the galactic map, I can only ever see the first line of the label. This rather defeats the point of having a big box to type things in and makes it all that much messier.

5) Ground forces officers can have a tactical bonus, but there isn't a filter for this in the officers filter. See Colonel Regulus Orion. (I assume this affects to hit chance with STO weapons but it isn't listed in the relevant post of the changes list)

The function number:  2186
The complete error text:  Attempted to divide by zero
The window affected:  Economics window
What you were doing at the time
Conventional or TN start:  TN start
Random or Real Stars:  Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?:  decimal
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?:  reproducable
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well :  15 years from game start

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2020, 04:57:35 AM »

2) I deleted a colony because I couldn't get rid of the population.

3) Finally I am missing the wreck of my survey ship which was in the Kar Duniash system.
I am aware that swarm eat wrecks but as far as I can tell the ship was destroyed by missiles which I believe are not used by the swarm. I'm not sure how to definitively check if the race is the swarm or not.

2) Maybe if you add ground force construction complex the task will show up and you will be able to remove it?

Swarm was reworked significantly and they now have missiles, so you most likely encountered Swarm. I think they always use Tyranid portrait so you can easily check this.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 05:00:51 AM by Black »