Author Topic: Scrollbar lost - Reward offered  (Read 3302 times)

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Scrollbar lost - Reward offered
« on: July 20, 2011, 10:32:48 AM »
I don't appear to have a scrollbar for the warships and fighters selection on the Officers (F4) screen.  All the other options have a scrollbar, it is just the one dropdown that doesn't.  There are enough entries to require the scrollbar and you can still scroll them with the arrow keys.  Anyone else have this issue?  I'm wondering if it is an 'artifact' of using ResizeEnable.
Welchbloke

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Scrollbar lost - Reward offered
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 12:16:47 PM »
I don't appear to have a scrollbar for the warships and fighters selection on the Officers (F4) screen.  All the other options have a scrollbar, it is just the one dropdown that doesn't.  There are enough entries to require the scrollbar and you can still scroll them with the arrow keys.  Anyone else have this issue?  I'm wondering if it is an 'artifact' of using ResizeEnable.

I think I may get into this mode before (on my desktop, so no resize enable).  IIRC, I've never figured out exactly what to do - I think it just eventually goes away (e.g. by shutting down and restarting).  I may be thinking of something else, though.

John

Offline Cassaralla

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 04:03:52 AM »
I've had this happen before as well.  Just closed the Officers window and then reopened a new one and the scroll bar was back.

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 11:32:50 AM »
I've had this happen before as well.  Just closed the Officers window and then reopened a new one and the scroll bar was back.
That's what I did as well, I was just curious if anyone could offer an explanation as to why it was happening.
Welchbloke

Offline Cassaralla

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 01:40:19 PM »
If it helps to pin the error down I was manually assigning useful high ranking officers to commands I wanted them in rather than the auto assign.  I switched from Naval to Army and back again when the scrollbar disappeared.  Using a laptop with the reduced height windows option.