Author Topic: Ship not completing?  (Read 1156 times)

Offline CannibalCrow (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • C
Ship not completing?
« on: October 07, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
So, encountered another issue.  Tried searching the forums, couldn't find an answer.
Instead of designing a jump-ship capable of transporting my freighters at the moment, I decided to instead make a ship to construct jump gates. (Also notices, there's no hull name for this type of ship?</3)

Finally the shipyard retools for it, and I start the building process, after checking I had the required resources.  Estimated time of completion was like. .  Two years.  So the time goes by, and it gets to it's estimated completion date.  No ship has appeared in any of my Task-Groups, the manage shipyards page for that shipyard usually doesn't show any completion date, yet occasionally, seemingly at random, it will show another date, another 2 years into the future.

So I'm wondering, why is it the task is either taking twice as long as expected, or just isn't completing? I have the necessary resources and everything.  And also, why is it I can only SOMETIMES see completions dates, where other times I click, and the box remains blank? Is this a bug, or. . ?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Ship not completing?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 01:45:27 AM »
construction ship is what I generally use for them, can you post a screenshot of what you are noticing?

something to try is pre-fabricating all the components, then building the ship. Be sure to specify that the ship is going to a taskforce at the planet where it is being built for minimum fuss.

Offline CannibalCrow (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • C
Re: Ship not completing?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 02:42:41 AM »
I figured it out, actually.

The shipyard screen was being a little weird, construction time areas being blank, but then I realized that the actual time for the ship in progress was under tasks, and it was shortly after when I posted this that it was completed.