Author Topic: Hyper Capable?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Starkiller (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • S
Hyper Capable?
« on: April 05, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »
What, exactly, does it mean when an engine is 'hyper capable'? Can it use warp points without a jump drive?
Or does it mean something else? I was designing a fast scout with these engines and realized that I didn't know
if I needed the jump drive or not. Heh.

Eric

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Hyper Capable?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 05:19:50 PM »
Each star has a hyper limit.  If you are in the F3 screen one of the options is to display that limit.  Inside the limit you use normal speeds.  Outside of the limit if you have a hyper capable engine then you can enter hyper space where your speed is 10x faster without using more fuel.  The downside is you can not detect anything from within the hyper field.  This is only really usefull if you want to get to another component on a multiple star system.  Some of them can be as much as 2 years travel time without the hyper engines.  Hyper engines were originally added before the advent of the jump points associated with the gas giants.  If there is a gas giant orbiting both stars then the jump point connection is going to be faster in all probability.  To use the jump points inside a system does not require any special engines.  They only allow travel to another L5 point associated with other gas giants in the same stellar system.

Brian

Offline alexwildstar

• Chief Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 01:48:35 AM »
so how do u use lps to jump

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 05:00:39 AM »
Quote from: "alexwildstar"
so how do u use lps to jump
Using the task groups window (F12); select the LP that you want to jump from you can then give the order to intra-system jump all you need to do is select the LP you want to jump to and then add the move.
Welchbloke

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »
Looks like a spammer got through :( I tried reporting the post, but got this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/penta6/public_html/aurora/report.php on line 249
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt