Author Topic: Re: FLeet Training won't start  (Read 1260 times)

Offline AndonSage (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
Re: FLeet Training won't start
« on: April 13, 2010, 06:29:11 AM »
Are waypoints required for Fleet Training? I had a Battle Task Group comprised of three cruisers out for three months on Task Force Training. I watched them move around the system map as I advanced time. The Senior Officer, who is assigned to the first ship, has a Crew Training of 150. After three months, all of the ships show 0.0% for TF Training in the F12 Task Group window. The first ship shows a Grade Bonus of 2%, while the other two are 0%. I have automatic assignments on, and the computer didn't assign officers to ships two and three, so not sure if that is a problem.
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 07:26:02 AM »
You need them to be part of a Task Force (I don't think you can have ships that are not in any task force^^),
and you need to assign officers with A crew training rating to the task force lead.
Filling the other positions can't be bad, either, if they are used in the fleet.

Offline StratPlayer

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 09:34:19 AM »
Quote from: "AndonSage"
I have automatic assignments on, and the computer didn't assign officers to ships two and three, so not sure if that is a problem.

Quote from: "UnLimiTeD"
and you need to assign officers with A crew training rating to the task force lead.
Filling the other positions can't be bad, either, if they are used in the fleet.

Doesn't the 'Automatic Assignments' cover this?
"Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!"[/i

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 09:38:38 AM »
Quote from: "StratPlayer"
Quote from: "AndonSage"
I have automatic assignments on, and the computer didn't assign officers to ships two and three, so not sure if that is a problem.

Quote from: "UnLimiTeD"

Doesn't the 'Automatic Assignments' cover this?

It covers everything but Task Force Commanders, you need to go in and filter by crew training rating then pick the relevantly ranked commander and assign them manually to the Task Force Commander slot. The automatic assignments will then fill in the Staff positions on the next 5-day.