Author Topic: Maintenance clock check  (Read 2832 times)

Offline andrea69 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Maintenance clock check
« on: June 23, 2012, 06:44:59 PM »
Is there any way to check quickly the maintenance clock of my ships? The Fuel Situation screen would be perfect, but there is no way to exclude the civilian ships from the presentation, and that makes the window not very useful to me.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Maintenance clock check
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 07:12:02 PM »
Is there any way to check quickly the maintenance clock of my ships? The Fuel Situation screen would be perfect, but there is no way to exclude the civilian ships from the presentation, and that makes the window not very useful to me.

The task force screen should show it. I surmise the individual ship screen should too.

Offline andrea69 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 10:37:59 PM »
Thank you, but on the individual ship screen I can see only one by one, and in the task force screen there is no clock info. So there is no way to see all of them at the same time? That would be very useful.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 01:48:38 AM »
oops = deleted as I was just repeating the info re the Fuel Report in the original post - must learn not to speed read before posting

DavidR
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 01:52:21 AM by davidr »

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 05:32:27 AM »
Thank you, but on the individual ship screen I can see only one by one, and in the task force screen there is no clock info. So there is no way to see all of them at the same time? That would be very useful.
By task force screen, he could have meant task group screen. It's there and you can view by task force.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:28:39 AM by Person012345 »

Offline Havear

• Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 11:03:57 AM »
That nomenclature is really confusing, I usually call the F12 window "Formations" and Ctrl+F4 window "Fleets" to try and make it simpler. Anyway, I *think* there was a problem with the Formations window in that sometimes it wouldn't display information like ammo or maintenance clock, even if the unit had ammo and\or time on the clock. A quick test with an old campaign doesn't let me duplicated it, take it with a grain of salt.

Offline andrea69 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 02:34:01 PM »
By task force screen, he could have meant task group screen. It's there and you can view by task force.

Thanks, I'm aware of the task group screen, but I have 10 task groups in the same task force, and I was looking for something like the fuel report screen, without the clutter of the civilian ships. In the task group screen I have to select them one by one to check the clock. But I guess there is no other way, unless Steve filters out the civilian ships from the fuel report screen.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »
Thanks, I'm aware of the task group screen, but I have 10 task groups in the same task force, and I was looking for something like the fuel report screen, without the clutter of the civilian ships. In the task group screen I have to select them one by one to check the clock. But I guess there is no other way, unless Steve filters out the civilian ships from the fuel report screen.

The F12 screen sometimes shows the information. Sometimes it shows ammo capacity. Personally, I'd like it to show both.

Offline andrea69 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 04:11:06 PM »
The F12 screen sometimes shows the information. Sometimes it shows ammo capacity. Personally, I'd like it to show both.
Yes, I agree. I couldn't understand why I had two unarmed survey ships, and in same conditions, one showing clock, the other showing ammo.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 10:52:23 PM »
IIRC, the F12 screen normaly shows the overhaul clock. Only after a jump, it shows sensor/weapons delay.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 04:18:58 PM »
Now, i'm very new... but how do I know when my ships start to get above the clock. Is there any event that pop up when ships are seriously violating their time for an overhaul?
Without a summary screen for this it seems very hard to manage with increasing number of ships and formations.

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »
Now, i'm very new... but how do I know when my ships start to get above the clock. Is there any event that pop up when ships are seriously violating their time for an overhaul?
Without a summary screen for this it seems very hard to manage with increasing number of ships and formations.

The task group screen where you command your formations displays the info, so it's generally pretty painless to keep track of. Also if you notice a ship starting to have equipment failures every time you go forward five days, you know to bring it in for an overhaul. Plus many of your military ships will spend the majority of their time in orbit around planets acting as fleet bases with maintenance facilities, so their timers won't be increasing.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 08:37:59 AM »
I seem to have a serious issue with this as well. Not an issue with the Overhaul feature as it is but in they way that I can't easily browse ships in need of an overhaul or setting automated ship to come in for an overhaul. My main issue currently is some of my geosurvey ships and long range science vessels that all are military ships. There are allot of those task forces to keep track of, usually one ship in each one.

Naturally one thing I could do would be to replace all my geosurvey ships with commercial engines. I'm still very early in the game so I still have my first geosurvey ships still in operation after some twenty years of service.

There is a nice feature that you can use, but that don't seem to work right. If I set a conditional order for a ship to routinely go in for an overhaul when they reach about 20% of their supply they will head back an start the overhaul. Now the problem is that once they reach their dry-dock I will get an interrupt each day when the ship tries to set the conditional order again because the ship still has less than 20% supply.

Would it be possible if the Overhaul order would fill up the ship supplies before the actual overhaul started so this conditional order actually could be used without any manual interference.

I would certainly be in favour of filtering out the civilian ships on the fuel list. Why can I see them there in the first place?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:43:09 AM by Jorgen_CAB »

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 10:15:42 AM »
Well, to check the clock of many one-ship TGs, you can open the individual ship screen (F6)

Default setting is "list by size" which puts all ships of one class after each other.
On the top-right, there is a box labeld "Maintenance"

The first column there, named "Clock" shows how many years are on the maintenance clock of that ship.

You can use the cursor keys to go through the list. This might be much easier than checking one TG after the other.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline andrea69 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »
Yes, I tried and F6 screen is much better than F12 screen for that, thanks. But definitely fuel report screen should be improved. Apart from removing civilian shipping lines, also some filters should be included, for task force, naval organization branch, task group. Then it would help a lot.