Author Topic: Ways to disable allied alerts  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Gothmos (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • G
Ways to disable allied alerts
« on: July 08, 2012, 11:34:01 PM »
After ahving received notice taht an allied race will begin sharing data with me on their geloical surveys, the game pauses after every one of these alerts.  Is there any way to get all of these notices to be displayed at after each time increment like my own races geo surveys are?

On a related note to alliances, my ally has more ships in my home system then I do, and it is starting to worry me.  Is it possible for them to betray me?

Also, I recently received tech data from them about compressed fuel storage.  I know there are alien tech trees not available to humans, but I can't find any sign of where this new tech is used.  Does it just passively increase the fuel stored per storage?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Ways to disable allied alerts
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:52:56 AM »
You probably can´t avoid the stops when they transmit their geo-survey data, sorry

I don´t think you have to worry. To be allies, they have to have very good relations with you. They will not attack you until that changes, and you would be getting a notice that, due to worsening relations, your alliance is canceld. (And you would have to do something stupid to make the relation decrease, like, shooting their ships, for example).

Compressed fuel storage is a technology only available through ruins. I am not aware that NPRs explore ruins, so this might be considered a bug. On the other hand, I think it makes great roleplay material. Just rejoice in the knowledge, that you received a very valuable technology, that is only very rarely available to a player :)

Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 10:00:51 AM »
The Compressed Fuel storage technology unlocks a ship component of the same name. This new component stores 50% more fuel than a regular fuel tank, while having the same mass (50t).

However I do not know whether it has the same costs as the regular component, nor do I know whether industry can pre-fabricate these modules (regular tanks can not be pre-fabricated, which can result in long build times for dedicated fleet tankers).

As far as I know, this only applies to the 50t module, while there is no corresponding smaller version (while there is for regular tanks).

Offline Gothmos (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »
Thanks, these days they have 5+ 20k ton beam ships stationed on my planet (to protect their 50+ freighters I believe) and I find them very reasuring when I go hooning off to throw my fleets against some much stronger precursor fleets while I learn the combat controls.
They also to be in the process of terraforming Mars and colonising it, would they mind if I set up a colony only the soon to be class 0 world? :)

Also, after having shared the compressed fuel storage data with me, I've received no word of new research data, is it possible they aren't researching or for them to have just shut me out? (I haven't reciprocated their research treaty knowledge is power Current relations are at 13k+ )

Thanks for pointing out that the fuel storage system was a component, I was looking in in the Logistics research bar to find this tech.
(Now that I've found it, there are no researchable minituraisations)

The specs of CFS: 75k fuel, 15 cost, size 1, 5 crew, 5 neutronium, can't be prefrabricated either.

Edit: Never mind the question about research being cancelled, it's just taken them the time it took for me to research the stellerator plant,magneto drive, lots of missle and laser techs to research improved geo sensors. (I just got this alert after I started production of my newest surveyors QQ)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:19:40 PM by Gothmos »

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 02:45:08 AM »
Thanks, these days they have 5+ 20k ton beam ships stationed on my planet (to protect their 50+ freighters I believe) and I find them very reasuring when I go hooning off to throw my fleets against some much stronger precursor fleets while I learn the combat controls.
They also to be in the process of terraforming Mars and colonising it, would they mind if I set up a colony only the soon to be class 0 world? :)
Well the upshot is that if your planet has an atmosphere of at least 1.0 (as earth has), the beam ships could not hurt your surface installations even if war broke out (unless they have mesons).

Of course they could still do tremendous damage to your shipping and shipyards, so war should really be avoided (not even counting the free tech you are getting).

But at any rate, could I suggest building a small meson battery on earth (in a PDC). If they ever decided to become nasty, these would easily wrack havoc on anything stationed in earth orbit. So theoretically, they should even bolster your bargaining position in peace (even if that would only be for role playing purposes, seeing the AI is just an AI after all).

Roleplaying wise, it could also be nice to station a warship at their homeworld. This way both of you would be dependent on peace, leading to an equilibrium of cooperation. Of course in this situation a strong PDC would be very detrimental.

Offline Rabid_Cog

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 03:24:25 AM »
Only if they are aware of the PDC. Shouldn't be hard to build an 'observatory' where the roof slides open to reveal meson turrents instead of telescopes. I mean, you are an alien race its not like they are going to understand most of your architectural decisions anyway.
I have my own subforum now!
Shameless plug for my own Aurora story game:
5.6 part: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,4988.0.html
6.2 part: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5906.0.html

Feel free to post comments!
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5452.0.html

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 10:27:11 AM »
I am not aware that NPRs explore ruins, so this might be considered a bug. On the other hand, I think it makes great roleplay material. Just rejoice in the knowledge, that you received a very valuable technology, that is only very rarely available to a player :)

I have found NPRs DO exploit ruins in v5.6 at least if not before!  ;D
IanD

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 10:36:48 AM »
NPR's will exploit ruins, its kinda annoying when you run into an active one stealing all your ruins.