Author Topic: Any way to view NPR details, such as Govt. type, language type, etc?  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Redshirt (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
I've got three different NPRs I'm communicating with right now, and I'm curious what society they have. I know it's a variable, but there doesn't seem to be a way to view it. Would be interesting to know if I'm dealing with a Feudalistic theocracy that communicates occularly, or with a hive mind, etc.
Living up to my username. . .

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
I'd like to know about this as well.

Near as I can tell, there isn't a good area of the forum which explains how NPR rules work, all posts are old and outdated.
-Can I enter into treaties with them?
-How do they decide which systems they control, ect.
- What rules govern when they flip out and kill me?
- How come, even though I've got a mutual trade agreement with this alien race, and a well connected net of jump gates, my civilian ships aren't trading with them.

Most importantly: will I ever know what these alien ships are "For". I've known the Gliesens for decades, they are close allies, but I still don't know whether the big mammajamma ships in the Epsilon Indi system are trading scows or missile cruisers. That seems really unrealistic.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline icecoldblood

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
For certain stuff, like known race tolerances can be seen at the bottom of the diplomacy I believe, while other stuff like their ship designs are accessible only through Designer mode, which has a password only Steve can give you.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
You can use Espionage teams to discover their ship designs. Alternatively, use active sensors to scan their ships, which reveals tiny bit of information.

They get pissed off if you have active sensors on in systems where they have colonies or you have military ships there that they can observe. If you are already friendly or allied, then those things won't annoy them.

Trading should be automatic if you've allowed it in the Diplomacy/Intelligence screen. Possibly your civs prefer more lucrative trades inside your empire or maybe the aliens are too far from your capital.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
You can "persuade" them to join your empire, which will let you view their "base species characteristics" (things like xenophobia, diplomacy, militancy etc.)from the race details screen.

Offline Redshirt (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Yeah, I just dumped two espionage teams on the homeworld (and only known world) where an NPR that I know has at least one type of ship resides. Not going to dump one on the Bergland Hegemony, they're friendly and will probably become allies soon. Of course, realistically speaking, I should probably have espionage teams on everybody's planets, but I don't have enough officers with espionage skill, yet.

Still, some things, like their government type and certainly the details of how they communicate, should be pretty apparent as soon as full communication is established.
Living up to my username. . .