Author Topic: I've been reading the wiki, it's been mentioning multiplayer?  (Read 2080 times)

Offline C4lv1n (OP)

• Petty Officer
I've been reading the wiki, it's been mentioning multiplayer?
« on: December 04, 2010, 11:24:57 AM »
So yeah, started playing through the tutorial and reading the wiki, it's been referring to some sort of multiplayer.  How does that work, or is it something that isn't yet implemented? I checked for a page on the subject in the wiki but didn't find one. 

Hopefully this is in the right section, I'm pretty sure that this is my first post.
Steve is a pretty cool guy, he makes games and doesn't afraid of anything.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: I've been reading the wiki, it's been mentioning multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »
So yeah, started playing through the tutorial and reading the wiki, it's been referring to some sort of multiplayer.  How does that work, or is it something that isn't yet implemented? I checked for a page on the subject in the wiki but didn't find one. 

Hopefully this is in the right section, I'm pretty sure that this is my first post.

Aurora (a "continous time" game) is based on Starfire Assist (a helper application for the turn-based, multi-player game Starfire).  When using Starfire Assistant, players would give their orders for the next turn, then pass the database file on to the next player.  In Aurora, it's much more complicated, since orders can/should be given by any player at any time.  The main issue is "interrupts" which occur when a player discovers new information.  So Aurora can used for multi-player in the same way that SA was, but the logistics will be a pain.

John

PS - Please read the "Where should I post" FAQ, along with the Tutorials.  New use posts such as this should be made in The Academy.