Author Topic: geology teams  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Thibaut (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
geology teams
« on: August 06, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
I tried to send a geo team to an asteroid that, when it was surveyed, was reported as empty.

Nice surprise, the team was able to find little deposits of tritanium, but did not show any increase in their survey abilities.  In my previous campaign, every successful survey improved the abilities.

I was expecting to train my geologists on low value roids, but it doesn't seem to work ?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: geology teams
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »
It has worked for me in the past on asteroids, just that it took much longer to find anything on an asteroid.  Like 8-10 months for a team with a skill over 250.  Normally on a planet I was finding something every 2-3 months.

Brian

Offline Thibaut (OP)

• T
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:06:25 AM »
my issue is not the time it takes, but the fact that the team doesn't improve its skills.

I just completed survey of a second reported (by geo ship) bare asteroid, again showing 1K (Neutronium this time) , and still no increase.

I'll probably try a few more times, but that's intriguing

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 01:29:03 PM »
thats strange its not helping them out.

I got very little traction searching on empty worlds, but I seem to remember getting points.  Never bothered with 'roids though, but i've read that people train on them.

Offline Thibaut (OP)

• T
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »
I just started a campaign with 5. 51, pre newtonian, and it seems that Sol is very Corundium poor, so I wanted to get the most out of whatever I can find, so not looking at planets before my team reaches maybe 100/150.

Guess I'll just have to use regular roids for training up, I tried 2 more and still no points

Offline Thibaut (OP)

• T
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 04:43:08 PM »
well, actually it's even worse : my geologists don't seem to gain any experience accomplishing surveys.  Just completed one on an asteroid with existing deposits, and there was no gain either

Offline Thibaut (OP)

• T
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 04:51:13 PM »
update : this is reported in 5. 51 bug thread

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 06:49:30 PM »
Yeah, a rating 130 geo team of mine must've found another 3 million tons of duranium and corundium on Earth and increased both the accessability but gained no experience at all...

Meanwhile, the diplomacy team gets increases by sitting on their asses on Earth.  >:(

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 08:58:49 PM »
You know, my geology teams are being successful enough at improving mars that I'm wondering if something hasn't changed.  Maybe i'm just lucky, but my 11 million martian duranium went from .2 to .8, I've found quite a bit of tasty vendarite, and a few other nice deposits as well, taking mars from a temporary, "corundium only" mine to "oh my god dump all of earth's manned mining facilities straight onto mars for the next 90 years"

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 12:09:44 AM »
lucky, but still skill ups arn't happening for them. But fortunatly xeno commanders of engineer teams do still get skill ups from recoverys.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 05:55:07 AM »
Yes, it was a bug in v5.51. Fixed in v5.52

Steve