Author Topic: Move to Earth Trade Location  (Read 1233 times)

Offline chuckles73 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • c
Move to Earth Trade Location
« on: October 19, 2010, 11:23:30 PM »
There are currently four civilian freighters sitting on earth with the next order of "Move to Earth Trade Location".  They've been sitting there for a half a year.  The civilian colony ship is running regular trade runs, but all the freighters appear to be stuck.

A new freighter was built by a shipping line, it appeared at Earth, got the same order as the rest and is staying stuck.

I tried canceling their orders, but they just get a new "Move to Earth Trade Location" order, and then sit there.

Prior to getting stuck they were hauling infrastructure, and there's still 158 sitting on Earth.

I'm rather flummoxed as to why they're not doing anything.

Any ideas?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Move to Earth Trade Location
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 12:19:23 AM »
The only thing I can think of is that your civie freight capacity has outstripped your production capacity.  If you look at the trade tab, do you see things demanded at mars that are in supply at earth?

John

Offline chuckles73 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • c
Re: Move to Earth Trade Location
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 01:41:36 AM »
Alpha Centauri-B III, not Mars, but that's beside the point.   

What you said may be the problem, I hadn't thought to look.     The only trade good is infrastructure.     Colony has a 1.  2/year surplus.     I think I'll need to do a civilian contract to move any more.   

I had forgot about the industrial "infrastructure" vs the trade good "infrastructure".     Looks like that's the issue, though.     If I stop shipping infrastructure there with my personal transport fleet, the colony ships will offload enough civilians to need more infrastructure at which point the civvie freighters will probably start running again.     Gotcha, thanks for the help!

Yup, that was the problem.  Also, setting up civilian contracts got them to start moving my produced infrastructure instead of their trade good.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:00:46 AM by chuckles73 »