Author Topic: How to make a jump gate? (ver.6.21)  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Brainsucker (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • B
How to make a jump gate? (ver.6.21)
« on: June 24, 2013, 08:07:57 PM »
Hi, I'm new here.  I have a problem with jump gate creation.  Well. . . , I have a jump gate creation ship, she created a gate at a jump point in Sol.  After it finished (the jump point become a square), I tried to bring my patrol group (consist of 3 4250 tonnage ships) to jump, but it failed.  (It is a small gate creator btw).  So, I checked, and i found that the jump point in the other side of my square jump point is not changed.  It still a dot jump point.

So. . . , how to make a jump gate? and can someone give me a step by step tutorial for me? and how to make a good design for a jump gate creation ship?

Thanks

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
Re: How to make a jump gate? (ver.6.21)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »
You have to build one on each side of the JP if you want to be able to go both ways.
You should have still been able to go through the gate on your side though.

Offline Brainsucker (OP)

• B
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 09:29:34 PM »
Thanks for the quick replying.  And how big is the ship that go through the jump gate? Because I can't find the info about the ship size there

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »
There is no ship size limit for a gate.  No jump drive is required either, once a gate is built both ways.  Beware that enemies without jump drives can transit then, too.

Code: [Select]
WBG Gate Builder 1 class Construction Ship    73,500 tons     198 Crew     1537.5 BP      TCS 1470  TH 0  EM 0
1 km/s    JR 2-25(C)     Armour 1-156     Shields 0-0     Sensors 8/8/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 13    Max Repair 209 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 36 months    Spare Berths 0   
Cryogenic Berths 200   
Jump Gate Construction Ship: 180 days

JC79K Commercial Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 79000 tons    Distance 25k km     Squadron Size 2

Thermal Sensor TH1-8 (1)     Sensitivity 8     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  8m km
EM Detection Sensor EM1-8 (1)     Sensitivity 8     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  8m km

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
I just tow this thing into position and give the following orders:
build gate
transit
build gate
transit
When it is finished, I tow it home.  The long deployment time covers transit time as well as the full year it takes to build a double gate.

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 10:34:18 PM »
When it is finished, I tow it home.  The long deployment time covers transit time as well as the full year it takes to build a double gate.
After my last post about morale, upon hearing that deployment time doesn't matter for any civilian ships except geological survey, I created my latest jumpgate construction ship with the default 3 months deployment time.  It worked fine.  I guess you might want to give the ship extra deployment time anyway for role playing reasons, but that's up to you.

Offline Brainsucker (OP)

• B
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »
Ah thank you for the reply and information.  I'll try it when I'm at home later.

I will ask again when I have more problem

Offline Lothang

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
Tip : a naval officer with a big "factory production" bonus reduce the building time.