Author Topic: Bug Or Badass?  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Bug Or Badass?
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:09:03 PM »
Commodore Adlimar Camacho is forty years old, a man of no distinction. I never even noticed him before today.
He's served during peacetime only, aboard fighters that never needed to fly.

Today I discover that he somehow has a fighter combat bonus of 850%
Consequentially his promotion score is 180,984 making him downright messianic. He poses a clear threat to the chain of command....and starfleet in general, since apparently this dude could take out a battle line of starcruisers with a pistol and a hoverboard.

What I want to know is:

#1: is this a glitch? I kinda wish it wasn't.
#2: what is the most absurdly broken thing I could do with this guy?
#3: does he pose an existential threat to the universe with a number that high? Will it crash anything?
#4: is this the highest score you've seen?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:10:47 PM by Theodidactus »
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Bug Or Badass?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:11:50 PM »
I now see that this is actually endemic to my entire command staff, with many commanders and commodores having fighter bonuses into the thousands of %
This is clearly the result of my erratic playstyle but I'm not sure how

My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 10:13:16 PM »

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 11:20:08 PM »
Yes to #1.  However, what version are you using?  Should be fixed in 6.3 or later(I have 6.2, so I don't use fighter-size craft due to this bug). 

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 11:59:29 PM »
I have 6.2

I REALLY like this campaign, and I REALLY need fighters.

Any workaround?

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 01:16:07 AM »
It only effects fighters with beam weapons, so use them with fighters that carry missile weapons. Use commanders with no fighter combat bonus in beam armed fighters.

I think that is the only solution unless you have permission to go into the database and change those values by hand which is a second option.

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 01:31:53 AM »
I'm not sure that's true. Some of my starfleet hast fighter bonuses over 200% from sitting in my "Luchador" class interceptors, which only carry missiles.

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 07:03:59 AM »
Clarification:

Only beam fighters benefit from commanders with a fighter combat bonus. Any commander in any fighter may improve their combat bonus rating.

To prevent the fighter bonus from messing up promotion scores, simply never assign officers to fighters. Maybe they are commanded by NCOs only. If using auto-officer assignments crank the minimum promotion requirement up to R6 or higher to keep the game from making assignments when your back is turned.

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 09:32:12 AM »
hmmmmmm, very novel idea. The only problem now, of course, is that I have less jobs for COs in my navy, and consequentially less COs including hte higher ranks. I've been trying to get some people above "Admiral." Ah well.

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 12:05:17 PM »
Clarification:

Only beam fighters benefit from commanders with a fighter combat bonus. Any commander in any fighter may improve their combat bonus rating.

To prevent the fighter bonus from messing up promotion scores, simply never assign officers to fighters. Maybe they are commanded by NCOs only. If using auto-officer assignments crank the minimum promotion requirement up to R6 or higher to keep the game from making assignments when your back is turned.

I was actually just wondering about this. Are you able to setup ranks required for specific ships? For example, is it possible to say my missile fighters is R2 so that I can throw my commanders in there rather than having to use captains?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 12:57:22 PM »
I was actually just wondering about this. Are you able to setup ranks required for specific ships? For example, is it possible to say my missile fighters is R2 so that I can throw my commanders in there rather than having to use captains?

Rank requirements are set by class. So if your missile fighter is a different class than your other fighters, yes.

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »
Rank requirements are set by class. So if your missile fighter is a different class than your other fighters, yes.

How do you set rank requirements for a class?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 01:53:37 PM »
How do you set rank requirements for a class?

Class Design (F5), third/fourth tab depending on if the design is editable, middle of the page is a droplist showing minimum rank required. This propogates to all ships of that class. The design does not need to be unlocked to do this. There is also another number that rates importance of the ship for staffing purposes in case of equal rank requirements and insufficient bodies. Higher number = greater priority.

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 02:01:19 PM »

Class Design (F5), third/fourth tab depending on if the design is editable, middle of the page is a droplist showing minimum rank required. This propogates to all ships of that class. The design does not need to be unlocked to do this. There is also another number that rates importance of the ship for staffing purposes in case of equal rank requirements and insufficient bodies. Higher number = greater priority.

Thank you very much! I've never even wandered into that tab before, but this helps a lot. Just when I thought I had a grasp on aurora...

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but thanks for the information.

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 10:31:30 AM »
Some clicks, 3 months, and a major military purge later, you can now only fly those fighter craft if you are the concordant of worlds himself/herself.