Author Topic: Non real starts with sun system  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Triato (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
Non real starts with sun system
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:45:52 PM »
I don´t want to start with real stars because if i do I can not limit the amount of stars in the game. However I do want to create a sun system. My question is: Can I create a sun system and keep my stars limit?

Offline Cheet4h

• Petty Officer
  • C
Re: Non real starts with sun system
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 09:57:08 PM »
You mean that you want to start with Sol - our solar system - as your starting system? That has nothing to do with the "Real Star Systems" option, but depends on the "Starting Race" selection part of the new game screen.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:18:45 PM »
Start up a random stars game, then select default race which will allow you to enter and screw with every system thats been generated, then under the spacemaster option of the main toolbar click "create sol system'
That will make a new sol system (duh), then make a new player race in that system set up earth with industry etc and , delete the old player race then you should be good to go.
I probably forgot something important, but thats the basic idea.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 02:11:09 AM »
As Cheet4h said, even if you tell Aurora to create the Sol system and your starting race in the game setup, you can still un-tick the "use real stars" thingy and play with random stars.
Those two are not related to each other.

You can do what MarcAFK said, but in this case it is not necessary.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany