Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 38170 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2020, 01:41:08 PM »

Use the correct tab and make sure you have the fleet selected, not sub-fleet or admin command.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2020, 01:55:13 PM »
Mmm, were to I find and add prebuilt ships ???
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Pursche

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2020, 02:28:08 PM »
Is there still a ruler function which lets me draw a line and get the distance?

Offline Ozyton

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2020, 02:42:09 PM »
Thanks, dunno how I missed it.

I think in VB6 there was a button on the tactical view that listed all of the stuff in your empire with a scheduled completion date including research, construction, etc.  Was that button removed?

Quote from: ExChairman link=topic=10649. msg121304#msg121304 date=1586717713
Mmm, were to I find and add prebuilt ships ???
There are no prebuilt ships AFAIK, but when you start a new game you get free 'instant build points' so when you design your ships you can go to the miscellaneous tab of the class design window and spawn the ships in without having to put your shipyards to use.

Offline MichaelArch

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2020, 02:46:55 PM »
Any basic tutorial for C# anytime soon? I've read through the changes and i am lost haha.  Thanks in advance to all.  Happy Easter.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2020, 02:52:17 PM »
Does anyone know how you can attach Ground Force HQs to each other to create chain of command? Game complains that you need better rating HQ to stack them but there's only one HQ component and didn't see a research for better one

Also has anyone been able to remove "Supporting formation X" from formations or perhaps this is a bug?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2020, 02:55:03 PM »
Does anyone know how you can attach Ground Force HQs to each other to create chain of command? Game complains that you need better rating HQ to stack them but there's only one HQ component and didn't see a research for better one

Also has anyone been able to remove "Supporting formation X" from formations or perhaps this is a bug?

The "1000" in the HQ component description is editable.  Change it to "2000" and your HQ also double its size.  Change it "12,000" or whatever.

The following users thanked this post: Hawkeye, Doren, alaysian

Online AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2020, 03:19:14 PM »
I'm certain that I'm missing something obvious - I cannot figure out how to colonize the Moon. I've created a colony, dumped infrastructure and some auto mines on it, but although my colony ships have the option to pick up colonists from Earth, there's no matching command to drop off the colonists when I select the colony fleet with my Luna colony.

I've even tried setting standing orders for the colony ships to "Unload Colonists" and "Unload Passengers" with no effect.

Edit: They were missing Cargo Shuttle Bays, for anyone who comes to this topic later.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 08:50:09 PM by AlStar »

The following users thanked this post: Hawkeye, punchkid, skoormit, BitterOldGuy

Offline ropedog

• Leading Rate
  • r
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2020, 03:23:12 PM »
I hate to even ask this, but for the life of me I can't find the button to advance time!  I select 1 day increments and auto sub-pulse, but then what???
Thanks.

Online AlStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2020, 03:27:44 PM »
I hate to even ask this, but for the life of me I can't find the button to advance time!  I select 1 day increments and auto sub-pulse, but then what???
Thanks.
Top right button on the main screen (the red button) makes it so that time will auto-advance until it hits a stop condition (it'll turn green when it's on).
To advance time, it's the top row of time increments (5 seconds - 30 days).

The following users thanked this post: ropedog, skoormit

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2020, 04:07:09 PM »
Hopefully a simple question: How do I add/attach a parasite craft to a carrier?

I have a carrier with 4k hangar space, into which I'm trying to add 4 1k ships. This used to be done in the "Individual Ship Information" window on F6 (e.g. in this guide https://imgur.com/a/tDWDC), but that page doesn't seem to exist anymore. I can't see any movement orders to do this. I've added the parasite ships as ordanance in the Ship Design window for the class (although I only did that after I built the first ones - is that a problem?)

Thanks for any help! :)

The following users thanked this post: ropedog

Offline Deutschbag

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: Pwnzerfaust
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2020, 04:40:01 PM »
What exactly does HQ capacity represent? Is it the number of units that an HQ can effectively command?

Offline YABG

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Y
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2020, 04:44:39 PM »
Quote from: Deutschbag link=topic=10649. msg121390#msg121390 date=1586727601
What exactly does HQ capacity represent? Is it the number of units that an HQ can effectively command?

Tonnage/size that a commander can command - I think you need to have sufficient "HQ tonnage" to allow an officer to provide bonuses to a ground unit, plus you need to have a bigger HQ size for units higher up the hierarchy if you want to structure your ground forces that way.  There's a wiki post which I found helpful on this: hxxp: aurorawiki. pentarch. org/index. php?title=C-Ground_Units#Formation_Element_Transfer

Now I've a question: does anyone what button I press to stop a ground unit supporting another? I dragged two of my 'Stryker Infantry Companies' together and now they've got this arrow indicating they're supporting each other and I can't figure out how to set them back to normal.

Offline DEEPenergy

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2020, 04:46:26 PM »
I'm certain that I'm missing something obvious - I cannot figure out how to colonize the Moon. I've created a colony, dumped infrastructure and some auto mines on it, but although my colony ships have the option to pick up colonists from Earth, there's no matching command to drop off the colonists when I select the colony fleet with my Luna colony.

I've even tried setting standing orders for the colony ships to "Unload Colonists" and "Unload Passengers" with no effect.

I think you need cargo shuttle bays on the ship.

Also has anyone found out how to sort by the various minerals on the mineral report window?

The following users thanked this post: AlStar, alaysian

Online AlStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2020, 05:02:58 PM »
I think you need cargo shuttle bays on the ship.
Yep - that was it.  :-[