Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 38501 times)

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2020, 12:42:40 PM »
Ok, so one MUST tool for the Colony ship to make the freighter work.   It does not work if one tools for the Freighter first (the Colony ship will not appear).   I'll go forward a bit and see if I can figure out the order on harvesters, terraformers, orbital miners, etc.

Thanks for the help. . .
si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2020, 01:09:48 PM »
Does anyone know how to change the class design window back to the original size? The button is off screen for me and i dont know how to fix it.

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2020, 01:14:44 PM »
Does anyone know how to change the class design window back to the original size? The button is off screen for me and i dont know how to fix it.

save game and restart

The following users thanked this post: RougeNPS

Offline Ri0Rdian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: Ri0Rdian#3639
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2020, 01:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Punt link=topic=10649. msg123865#msg123865 date=1587042625
The one thing that I've been struggling to find.  .  .  is it possible to actually get your event message color settings to save between save/loads? I noticed the initial starting scenario has them already set, and work when its loaded.   I can't seem to find an option to keep my selections saved, though. 

This is bugging me too.  While I did not play (nor will) the default game one of the first things I always do is when a new event pops up to get it its own color (and groups similar ones together).  It not saving is horrible, since it takes quite a bit of time and some events arent that common + the fact one has to have another window open on top of other stuff.

Offline Mark Yanning

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2020, 01:49:05 PM »
Hello guys, another simple question: how I assign fighters to PDC hangar base? How I make them land on it? Thanks in advance :)

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2020, 02:02:17 PM »
Hello guys, another simple question: how I assign fighters to PDC hangar base? How I make them land on it? Thanks in advance :)

There are no PDC's and you don't need hangers for fighters unless you transporting

Offline Mark Yanning

• M
« Reply #186 on: April 16, 2020, 02:04:57 PM »
 ::) ::) So, i built a base with hangar deck, so is there no way to assign small fighters to this planet base with hangar? Where and how can I make land fighters?

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #187 on: April 16, 2020, 02:09:03 PM »
::) ::) So, i built a base with hangar deck, so is there no way to assign small fighters to this planet base with hangar? Where and how can I make land fighters?

Well that base you built is not a PDC.

Fighters only need to land on something to move farther than they can or to reload box launchers.

Offline Mark Yanning

• M
« Reply #188 on: April 16, 2020, 02:19:50 PM »
Ok, then how can assign them to a mothership?

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #189 on: April 16, 2020, 02:32:49 PM »
Ok, then how can assign them to a mothership?

Put them in a separate fleet and order them to land on the fleet with the mothership.

Offline Mark Yanning

• M
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2020, 02:41:15 PM »
Alright, it seems ok. But still, can't find how to assign fighters to motherships. Thanks for your help

Offline Jackson MacKenzie

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • J
« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2020, 02:49:19 PM »
Possibly dumb question: how do y'all get those nice round tonnage numbers? Do you just. . .  fiddle with tiny amounts of consumable storage until you reach something with a couple zeroes on the end, or is there a trick to it?

Online unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2020, 03:01:01 PM »
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=10649. msg123844#msg123844 date=1587041145
Quote from: space dwarf link=topic=10649. msg123843#msg123843 date=1587041095
How do tankers work?

I have a 1million fuel tanker sitting in the same fleet as the empty survey vessel, set to "refuel own fleet", they have no movement orders and are just sitting there refusing to refuel the ship.

Works for me, did you pass a day to see if anything changes?

I built a fuel harvester.  In VB6  they automatically had 10% fuel.  So off I sent harvester to harvest fuel.  next thing no fuel alert.  Dam. .   so built another harvester ( no tanker designed yet) Fuelled it at colony sent it to join previous harvester, which by now is other side of Sol.  now I have two harvesters in fleet one 0% one 100% fuel, both not moving, no way to equalise or share fuel.  (If someone knows please tell) Next designed and built a tanker, with tanker checked, with refuelling system that was default.  think its 50000gph and refuelling moving researched .  off tanker went to harvesters with orders to join and refuel fleet.  Nothing waited a few days, still nothing.  tried joining fleet, tried absorb fleet.  tried refuel fleet, tried refuel sub fleet, tried refuel own fleet,  tried shouting at dog, tried shouting at wife and kids, now trying bottle of red

Offline YABG

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Y
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2020, 04:02:17 PM »
Possibly dumb question: how do y'all get those nice round tonnage numbers? Do you just. . .  fiddle with tiny amounts of consumable storage until you reach something with a couple zeroes on the end, or is there a trick to it?

I use tiny and fighter sized fuel storage on larger ships and, for fighters, I fiddle around with deployment first.

You can also learn to live with it :p There can be something comfortingly natural about ships with slightly odd sizes and speeds.

Offline Mark Yanning

• M
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2020, 04:07:21 PM »
Hei guys, another dumb question. What's the rule that choose a commander for a fleet. I thought it was training skills, but it seems not. It depends on official rank i guess. Also, I'm really struggling to make land fighters on space station, how can I assign them to mothership? Thanks again. I'm just amazed how deep is this great game, but also a bit complicate  ;D ;D