Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 38292 times)

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #330 on: May 06, 2020, 04:21:09 PM »
If I accidentally design a troop with "avoid combat", is it possible to remove that designation, or do I need to go back to the blackboard and tell my scientists "Okay, jeep with machineguns... that attacks the enemy, this time"?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #331 on: May 06, 2020, 04:21:32 PM »
So I was trying ground combat again and it was working well until my units run out of supplies. Problem is there were 1032 supply vehicles in 4 independent formations.

I am using following command structure:

So my question is, how do I use independent supply formations to provide supply to different units? Where in the command structure should I put them to provide supplies?

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #332 on: May 06, 2020, 04:24:54 PM »
The supply units need to be within the same command structure as the unit they are supplying, so in this case underneath either the corps HQ or the DIV HQs.

If I accidentally design a troop with "avoid combat", is it possible to remove that designation, or do I need to go back to the blackboard and tell my scientists "Okay, jeep with machineguns... that attacks the enemy, this time"?
You'll have to redesign the units, unfortunately.

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #333 on: May 06, 2020, 04:37:29 PM »
You'll have to redesign the units, unfortunately.

Yup, but in this situation, I would find it perfectly reasonable to use SM to 'fix' the mistake instead of having to research and produce all over again.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #334 on: May 06, 2020, 10:42:35 PM »
You can do that. You don't even need to be in SM mode. I'm currently playing 11 races in my AAR campaign.

EDIT:  I watched your video. You can create NPR races in Sol, through the System window, but you have much less controls than before, in Aurora VB6. In Aurora VB6 with the designer password, you could switch to NPR races and edit their assets, placing colonies there and there. Right now, we are stuck in creating a NPR on a given body, and that's it, all others possibilities are gone.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 08:00:55 AM by vorpal+5 »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2020, 08:21:31 AM »
Should I wait or should I go.

I'm hesitant in starting at last a campaign, or should I wait for 2.0?  Any sign the game will get a major version soon?

1.9.5 is pretty awesome.

But 1.10.0 will have a queue for ground froce training. . .

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #336 on: May 07, 2020, 08:23:16 AM »
To be more precise about my issue, if I switch to SM mode, then go to the system view and create a new NPR race (say Russian Alliance) with as specie Human, then it seems I'm auto switched to this race, and they get a colony on the planet body I selected.

But then, it starts to not work as it worked in VB6. I can't switch back and forth between each race (mine and the various human NPR). When I exit and re-enter the system view, I can in fact only access my race.

I clearly remember in VB6 that I could switch from one race to another and add stuff to each of them, as I wanted. It seems it's either no more possible now ?

Untick 'Create as NPR'.  If you leave that selected, you don't get to run that race.

What you are describing is running several Player races, even if you think of one of them as yours and the rest as NPRs.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #337 on: May 07, 2020, 04:12:18 PM »
Well, here I am again fighting with ground combat. I successfully defeated Precursor ground forces, but my units refuse to resupply. I have attached two supply formations to my formation, but it is over a several months of time and supply levels remain same.

I put the supply formations under individual divisions and then under corp, but nothing changed. One of the supply formations has fever units, but those were consumed during the fight, several months ago.

I have no idea what am I doing wrong.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #338 on: May 07, 2020, 04:50:39 PM »
The supply regiments are vehicle-based, not infantry?

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #339 on: May 07, 2020, 10:39:34 PM »
To be more precise about my issue, if I switch to SM mode, then go to the system view and create a new NPR race (say Russian Alliance) with as specie Human, then it seems I'm auto switched to this race, and they get a colony on the planet body I selected.

But then, it starts to not work as it worked in VB6. I can't switch back and forth between each race (mine and the various human NPR). When I exit and re-enter the system view, I can in fact only access my race.

I clearly remember in VB6 that I could switch from one race to another and add stuff to each of them, as I wanted. It seems it's either no more possible now ?

Untick 'Create as NPR'.  If you leave that selected, you don't get to run that race.

What you are describing is running several Player races, even if you think of one of them as yours and the rest as NPRs.

I don't want to run them and I want them to be run by the computer, so they should be NPR race. What I want though, past the initial colony they can have, is to edit their assets and add colonies there and there in the Sol system, like a Russian colony on Mars, a Chinese one on Titan and such like.

This was doable in VB6, even for NPR, if you had access to the 'DB Designer password', which had elevated privileges compared to SM mode. Which I did (having access), you had to PM Steve because he prefered to not make it public. With this password, you could edit a NPR as if it was a player controlled race.

I guess it just means that the tools are not all there for now in C#. And hopefully Steve will still allow this kind of editing further down the road.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #340 on: May 07, 2020, 11:56:40 PM »
Does anyone know how you can attach Ground Force HQs to each other to create chain of command? Game complains that you need better rating HQ to stack them but there's only one HQ component and didn't see a research for better one

Also has anyone been able to remove "Supporting formation X" from formations or perhaps this is a bug?

The "1000" in the HQ component description is editable.  Change it to "2000" and your HQ also double its size.  Change it "12,000" or whatever.

LOL, I was searching the research window for at least an hour, trying to figure out how to research lager HQs
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #341 on: May 08, 2020, 12:52:42 AM »
The supply regiments are vehicle-based, not infantry?

Yes, light vehicles.

Offline StevioM

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #342 on: May 08, 2020, 03:34:38 AM »
Quick question from a complete amateur. . .

Survey Carriers/FAC/Fighters. . .  how do I actually use these?

I've set up commercial hangers on the mother ship, I've got 4x fighters assigned/landed. . .  how do I get the fighters to Geo Survey?

There is an in-depth guide for VB, but I believe the order mechanics are now different?

Thanks!

Offline firsal

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • f
« Reply #343 on: May 08, 2020, 06:00:06 AM »
Is there any way to manually set the required rank to command a ship? If so, where can it be found? (I may have missed it)

Offline Vasious

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • V
« Reply #344 on: May 08, 2020, 06:26:25 AM »
Quick question from a complete amateur. . .

Survey Carriers/FAC/Fighters. . .  how do I actually use these?

I've set up commercial hangers on the mother ship, I've got 4x fighters assigned/landed. . .  how do I get the fighters to Geo Survey?

There is an in-depth guide for VB, but I believe the order mechanics are now different?

Thanks!

Have a look at SpaceMarines video tutorials one is on Carrier operations

list=PLfTxfvIdAKluRAI7j6_fSc3ypGtC2nmhA&index=10&t=0s

one quick note, Geo sensors are now military components, so the fighters/FAC with them will still have the maintenance clock keep ticking in commercial hangers

The following users thanked this post: StevioM