Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 38187 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #360 on: May 10, 2020, 01:16:56 PM »
Space Port or Fuel Station.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2020, 02:18:34 PM »
Btw there is both a spaceport and a refuelling station on Earth, is the RS redundant? A freebie we can relocate?

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #362 on: May 10, 2020, 02:32:10 PM »
Btw there is both a spaceport and a refuelling station on Earth, is the RS redundant? A freebie we can relocate?

yes same with shuttle bay and the ordinance one.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2020, 03:47:09 PM »
I have a question about fighter loadout. I have fighters with missiles in the box launchers, I want to switch to fighter pods for ground support. Carrier has the pods in magazines. Is it possible to switch them or do I have to launch the missiles first to clear the box launchers? Alternatively I would have to return to colony to unload the missiles I suppose.

I set the Ship Template Loadout to Pods but that itself is not enough for mothership to reload fighters to different ammunition.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #364 on: May 11, 2020, 05:37:27 AM »
As for me my question is: what standing orders you use so that past some fuel usage, a scout will return to the colony for overhaul AND refueling. It seems that if I use 2 standing order with the same fuel condition, this is not working.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #365 on: May 11, 2020, 06:32:34 AM »
As for me my question is: what standing orders you use so that past some fuel usage, a scout will return to the colony for overhaul AND refueling. It seems that if I use 2 standing order with the same fuel condition, this is not working.

Currently there isn't a way to do it. It has been posted to the suggestions thread.

I use "Clear All Orders" as the result of the conditional, and when it triggers I manually order the refuel and resupply.
It adds a little micro, but I find it bearable for now. I do hope we get the combined conditional, though.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #366 on: May 11, 2020, 07:06:00 AM »
Weird, very weird, we must not run the same version  ;D

There is no "clear all orders". There is a "clear orders list". And it do clears orders from the list but leave running the conditional orders, so whatever you indicate, the list still get orders if you had "survey next five bodies" ... I tried, it does not work

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
« Reply #367 on: May 11, 2020, 04:44:00 PM »
Weird, very weird, we must not run the same version  ;D

There is no "clear all orders". There is a "clear orders list". And it do clears orders from the list but leave running the conditional orders, so whatever you indicate, the list still get orders if you had "survey next five bodies" ... I tried, it does not work

The clear orders command does clear movement orders, but the conditional orders will just add them back unless you go and change the conditional orders.  Try using the MSP <20% conditional for setting overhauls rather than basing it on fuel.  For most cases it will work,  if you have a ship that has one component with a very big cost, then you are rolling the dice in allowing MSP to get below 20%.

Offline Zeebie

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #368 on: May 12, 2020, 06:52:13 AM »
How do I set minimum/maximum ranks for ship commanders?

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
« Reply #369 on: May 12, 2020, 04:51:22 PM »
you can set ranks in the ship design window, open the class of ship you want to change and go to the miscellaneous tab.

Offline Zeebie

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #370 on: May 12, 2020, 09:04:41 PM »
you can set ranks in the ship design window, open the class of ship you want to change and go to the miscellaneous tab.

I only see commander priority - what am I missing?

https://imgur.com/a/Y1iXqUz

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #371 on: May 13, 2020, 11:27:03 PM »
Same for me, I don't think you can do that yet in C# ...

My own question, how do you find rapidly a system body? I was told that the Russian Star Federation was spotted on Gyptis, how do I find it in the Sol System? Yes I know that's an asteroid and probably it has minerals, but is there a search box somewhere?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #372 on: May 15, 2020, 01:24:07 PM »
How do I set minimum/maximum ranks for ship commanders?

You can't.*  Aurora automatically sets these as described in the changes list.  Go to C# Aurora forum --> C# Mechanics subforum --> Changes List V1.00 / Table of Contents thread --> Ship Commnader Rank entry to be taken directly to the relevent post.

*Outside of installing or removing systems that raise the minimum rank requirement.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #373 on: May 15, 2020, 01:27:05 PM »

My own question, how do you find rapidly a system body? I was told that the Russian Star Federation was spotted on Gyptis, how do I find it in the Sol System? Yes I know that's an asteroid and probably it has minerals, but is there a search box somewhere?

If double-clicking on the event in the event log doesn't centre the map on Gyptis, I don't know how you'd find a named rock in the Sol system. Maybe look it up on wikipedia or something to get an idea of where to check?

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #374 on: May 15, 2020, 02:56:40 PM »

If double-clicking on the event in the event log doesn't centre the map on Gyptis, I don't know how you'd find a named rock in the Sol system. Maybe look it up on wikipedia or something to get an idea of where to check?

It's maybe not the most rapid way. But this works if nothing else: Clicking on a body in Main window, All Bodies tab centers the map. Asteroids and Comets are listed alphabetically,