Author Topic: 'Repairing' Installations After Planetary Bombardment  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Father Tim (OP)

• Vice Admiral
'Repairing' Installations After Planetary Bombardment
« on: July 30, 2008, 06:25:36 PM »
It took me a week and a half to figure this out, so I thought I'd make a post here to share with everyone.  While some buildings are destroyed outright by a single point of damage, some are not.  Should a large building (tracking station, commercial freight facility, ground force training facility, shipyard, naval academy, spaceport, sector command) be damaged by bombardment, it can be 'repaired' by building a fraction of a building.

For example, if your GFTF takes three hits during planetary bombardment, it will be reduced to 0.85 of a GFTF, and can be repaired by ordering your construction factories to build 0.15 of a GFTF.  Conveniently, you can bump this repair order up to the top of the queue.  Sadly, any unit it may have been training at the time is toast.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Father Tim »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: 'Repairing' Installations After Planetary Bombardment
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 09:41:30 AM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
It took me a week and a half to figure this out, so I thought I'd make a post here to share with everyone.  While some buildings are destroyed outright by a single point of damage, some are not.  Should a large building (tracking station, commercial freight facility, ground force training facility, shipyard, naval academy, spaceport, sector command) be damaged by bombardment, it can be 'repaired' by building a fraction of a building.

For example, if your GFTF takes three hits during planetary bombardment, it will be reduced to 0.85 of a GFTF, and can be repaired by ordering your construction factories to build 0.15 of a GFTF.  Conveniently, you can bump this repair order up to the top of the queue.  Sadly, any unit it may have been training at the time is toast.

I've changed this for v3.2. A building is now either destroyed or it isn't with the chance of destruction based of the size on the building

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »