Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210320 times)

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #765 on: November 13, 2017, 05:11:29 PM »
"ERROR: WP link not found in GetWarpPointData" followed by a couple of "Error 5 was generated by Auroras".

This is a previously reported bug that can pop up when the player obtains system data via interrogation (in my case, espionage or salvaging might obtain it as well). The error messages display when attempting to navigate the galactic map. Apparently the game is hiccupping on WP (is that the same as JP? why call it two things?) links that exist, but can't display because the systems in question haven't been surveyed.

My question: how do I fix it? I didn't quite follow the explanation I found previously, perhaps because of ambiguously named buttons under the F9, jump point tab. In my case, I've obtained data on two systems that are linked in a chain to a system I previously surveyed and, apparently, also linked to a system I know of, but haven't surveyed. If I'm supposed to use "Enter/Explore" under SM as suggested in other posts, I'm not doing it right or that isn't enough.

I'd like to know what the fix is, using SM, and where to carry out the fix. Do I only make changes in the new systems? What changes do I make?

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #766 on: November 14, 2017, 04:04:55 AM »

Hmm. That doesn't seem right..

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #767 on: November 14, 2017, 12:33:37 PM »
Hmm. That doesn't seem right..
Working as intended comrade. Glorious Russian engineering at work.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #768 on: November 21, 2017, 09:08:56 PM »
"ERROR: WP link not found in GetWarpPointData" followed by a couple of "Error 5 was generated by Auroras".

This is a previously reported bug that can pop up when the player obtains system data via interrogation (in my case, espionage or salvaging might obtain it as well). The error messages display when attempting to navigate the galactic map. Apparently the game is hiccupping on WP (is that the same as JP? why call it two things?) links that exist, but can't display because the systems in question haven't been surveyed.

My question: how do I fix it? I didn't quite follow the explanation I found previously, perhaps because of ambiguously named buttons under the F9, jump point tab. In my case, I've obtained data on two systems that are linked in a chain to a system I previously surveyed and, apparently, also linked to a system I know of, but haven't surveyed. If I'm supposed to use "Enter/Explore" under SM as suggested in other posts, I'm not doing it right or that isn't enough.

I'd like to know what the fix is, using SM, and where to carry out the fix. Do I only make changes in the new systems? What changes do I make?

I resolved the error messages by using SM to mark the system to which the new system (the one revealed by interrogations) was linked as "JP surveyed" (even though I haven't surveyed the system). Arriving at the solution was complicated by erroneous connections displayed on the Galactic map screen that had me chasing the wrong systems as the source of the problem.

Ideally, I like a way to edit/reveal only the JP that was causing the problem. If that's possible I'd be eager to learn how to do it.

Offline PlanetNiles

• Leading Rate
  • P
« Reply #769 on: November 22, 2017, 12:27:26 PM »
Getting a bunch of Error 6's; Error in Return TimeCurrency every day of game time.

Offline wiking333

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • w
« Reply #770 on: December 03, 2017, 08:06:58 AM »
Hi
I get error3075 followed by infinite loop of errors91 right as i hit 5days turn or whatever on the beginning of the game, no matter the settings.  I feel like its something about this decimal system or something, or comma problem? not sure. . .  I am from Poland if that matters and use win10

Offline tykemalcolm

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • t
« Reply #771 on: December 06, 2017, 04:50:38 PM »
I have just started playing the game and have an unusual situation, plus an abend. . . . .

I received a 3420 DAO. Database Object invalid or no longer set.
During this time the game was advancing in 1 minute increments.
I tried to change the time increments, but nothing I did worked.
This continued for about 15 minutes before the program abended with the above message.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #772 on: December 07, 2017, 05:48:37 PM »
Hi
I get error3075 followed by infinite loop of errors91 right as i hit 5days turn or whatever on the beginning of the game, no matter the settings.  I feel like its something about this decimal system or something, or comma problem? not sure. . .  I am from Poland if that matters and use win10

You need to use the period as a decimal separator, not a comma.

Offline wiking333

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • w
« Reply #773 on: December 08, 2017, 09:34:12 AM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=8144. msg105538#msg105538 date=1512690517
You need to use the period as a decimal separator, not a comma.
Well where do I change that?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #774 on: December 08, 2017, 02:36:42 PM »
Well where do I change that?

Control Panel. It used to be called Regional Settings. Not sure if that still holds true.

Offline wiking333

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • w
« Reply #775 on: December 10, 2017, 12:54:30 PM »
IT WORKED!!! Thanks a lot!

Offline sisso

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #776 on: December 28, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »
My main campaign now (85 years) is stuck with "Error in MoveToClosestItem, Error 9, Script out of range".  I had already cancel everything (industry, normal and conditional orders) without success.  Using a previous backup and just passing days end in the same problem.

Something like:

Quote from: bsh link=topic=8144. msg86972#msg86972 date=1456060143
. . . I'm getting an "Error 9 - Subscription out of Range" "MoveToClosestItem" error in a (probably) infinite cycle, so I can't continue the game.   
Campaig is at ~121 years.  . . .

The best shot to solve is:

Quote from: SerBeardian link=topic=8144. msg87043#msg87043 date=1456149516
Found the problem. 

Bunch of NPR ships somehow had an order to transit a JP that didn't exist.   Each one was throwing mass errors. 
Designer and deleted the TGs and now it works. 

Added SMEventLog dumped after the fix for anyone to review if they want.   DB is available from original link.

Is it possible to share the magical powers to look and change NPR fleet orders?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #777 on: December 28, 2017, 12:51:07 PM »
My main campaign now (85 years) is stuck with "Error in MoveToClosestItem, Error 9, Script out of range".  I had already cancel everything (industry, normal and conditional orders) without success.  Using a previous backup and just passing days end in the same problem.

Something like:

The best shot to solve is:

Is it possible to share the magical powers to look and change NPR fleet orders?

I've sent the password by private message.

The following users thanked this post: sisso

Offline sisso

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #778 on: December 30, 2017, 12:18:46 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=8144. msg105799#msg105799 date=1514487067
I've sent the password by private message.

I found the empire that was causing the problem.  Deleting the empire or all their fleets I can restore my game.  Is a bigger one and not knowed by my empire.

I already expended alot trying to figure out exactly which one group is causing the problem (colony, trade, survey, etc).  Without success.

If someone has some heurisict to search the root of the problem, I can use it.  If not, I will just dump all they have and compesate then with some resources.

My search/debug process is: delete fleet group, take note, try next turn, faild and repeat.  After the game get fixed, I restore, and start to delete in inverse order.  Appears not be exactly a single fleet group that is causing the problem, but some relation between fleets. 

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #779 on: December 30, 2017, 04:03:25 PM »
Getting some Error 3021's.   Not sure what's causing it.  On Apply Maintenance.  Might be the cargo pod loaded with fighters that is being hauled to one of my planets.   Not sure how to deliver fighters otherwise. 

I also got a slew of Error 5's.

If new information gives you a clue as to what is causing an error or how to avoid an error, please share for the benefit of other players who may be reading after a forum search rather than in the thread. (The strikeouts are what prompt me to ask.)