Author Topic: turning invaders on and off?  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Stormtrooper (OP)

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
turning invaders on and off?
« on: March 01, 2021, 11:36:42 AM »
Ok I got a bit tired from fighting their hordes to no end, my entire campaign essentially got halted because I constantly fight them, so I would like to turn off their ships spawning for some time. My question is, is it safe to do it mid game? So far I turned them off and rifts and all that are still there, they still exist in db so it looks fine, but  before I continue and get too invested I want to make sure I can reenable them later and once I do it they'll begin sending new ships again.

Tl:dr; I want rifts to keep growing and all that, I just want to prevent new ships and rifts spawning for a certain amount of time.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: turning invaders on and off?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 12:11:48 PM »
yeah your cool, existing rifts will stay and (should) continue to grow. When you re-enable invaders they should eventually start spawning stuff again.

I remember I got sick of rifts too so instead I created an RP scenario where I would board and capture an invader construction ship and then "sacrifice" it in order to close a rift (DB deleting the rift) after a year of it sitting in the center of the rift. I just thought I would mention this as you might find it an interesting method as an alternative to toggling them off.

Offline Stormtrooper (OP)

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
Re: turning invaders on and off?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 12:41:25 PM »
Nope, according to my aar humanity hasn't developed technology to destroy wormholes yet ;)

And I don't want to do that because more rifts means more challenge and them being harder to contain which I like.

I just got tired of them constantly spawning, because I literally wasn't able to progress further - populations stopped grwing, construction stopped happening, whole industry halted, research stopped, ship designing stopped, EVEYRYTHING was paused as I was micromanaging combat for hours to no end.

I feel like filthy cheater but I just need a break and restored balance between combat and development.

P.S. I'd actually advise you to make it depending on the size of the rift rather than always a year.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 12:43:30 PM by Stormtrooper »

The following users thanked this post: Droll