Author Topic: Official v6.30 Bugs thread  (Read 44534 times)

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
Re: Official v6.30 Bugs thread
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2013, 09:38:29 PM »
I have been playing with the invaders option ticked, so I'll go ahead and spoil this for safety.

Sometimes, but not always, I have had a succession of the following error when fighting Invaders:

"Error in SetNPRMoveOrders

Error 6 was Generated by Aurora
Overflow
Please report to etc etc"

It seems to happen when invader ships have fired their missiles at me and are trying to hold open the range.

Edit: I can confirm the errors went away exactly when the last missile salvo hit.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:50:27 PM by Bremen »

Offline MLK

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2013, 05:28:52 AM »
Got another spoiler bug here.

I just came across a stable wormhole and sent a 1kton gunboat out to keep watch while I assembled a fleet to deal with anything that comes through.
Two 48kton vessels have arrived and ignored the gunboat.  I retreated and sent the fleet in.

As the fleet started getting close I started getting this error at every time advance:

Error in GetMaxPotentialSensorRange

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

They have not opened fire on anything.  I have some fighters at 10km firing lasers at them, no shields.  The rest of the fleet is largely big ships, 5kton to 25kton, with sensors and low ECM (several tiers below the invaders) and are not being targeted and getting really close.  They should be getting bombed by now, unless these are some freighters or something, but the error makes me think they can't get their sensors running.  Also they are moving towards the fleet instead of fleeing.  :P

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2013, 03:42:39 PM »
Did a search, didn't find it.

Combat Engineers dont reclaim ruined facilities like regular engineers do.  Shouldn't they?

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2013, 03:45:13 PM »
Did a search, didn't find it.

Combat Engineers dont reclaim ruined facilities like regular engineers do.  Shouldn't they?

No, you need construction brigades for recovery. Combat engineers are for supporting attacks on PDCs.

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »
No, you need construction brigades for recovery. Combat engineers are for supporting attacks on PDCs.

Thanks for the clarification.

Offline josephj

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • j
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2013, 02:05:11 PM »
Anytime I try to advance time in my present game I get a window that says:

"Error in ExecuteOrders

Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument
Please report to. . . "

Depending on how much time I was trying to advance, I can click 'ok' enough times that the game will proceed, but the error never goes away entirely until I restart the game.  On restart and an advance of time, the error comes back. 

Anytime I can manage to move time forward, I get some event spam about private colony ships failing to load colonists at Earth, and unload colonists at Luna.  Luna has been having some problems with unrest due to too low protection, so maybe there's a relationship there?

Thanks for any help.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2013, 02:14:58 PM »

"Error in ExecuteOrders

Please report to. . . "

Depending on how much time I was trying to advance, I can click 'ok' enough times that the game will proceed, but the error never goes away entirely until I restart the game.  On restart and an advance of time, the error comes back. 

Anytime I can manage to move time forward, I get some event spam about private colony ships failing to load colonists at Earth, and unload colonists at Luna.  Luna has been having some problems with unrest due to too low protection, so maybe there's a relationship there?

Thanks for any help.

How much infrastructure is on Luna?

Offline josephj

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • j
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2013, 03:20:40 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=6501. msg67835#msg67835 date=1387224898
How much infrastructure is on Luna?

3994.  16. 05 million population, 19. 97 million supported by infrastructure.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2013, 03:28:15 PM »

"Error in ExecuteOrders

Please report to. . . "

Thanks for any help.

I'm going to reply to this one again... The unrest issue is there is no military presence on Luna. Put a garrison or two there and that will/should go away. Or drop a PDC.

The event messages could be related to the source/destination being too close for the time increment you tried to perform.

Offline josephj

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • j
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2013, 03:57:04 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=6501. msg67840#msg67840 date=1387229295
The event messages could be related to the source/destination being too close for the time increment you tried to perform.

I'm afraid I don't understand this.

I get the message no matter which time increment I choose, and I can't interact with the game except to move time forward unless I crash the program.  Even then I get only one shot to change anything until I have to crash it again.

Offline BobLordOfTheCows

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2013, 05:24:08 PM »
I've encountered a few game-breaking bugs late-game (I'm in year 2140).  For what I've gathered, an issue with shipping lines erupt, causing an infinite loop of 3167, 3420, and 91 errors occur, preventing the game from advancing.  (Yes, it's infinite; I've held the enter key down for 10 min).  Additionally, the game crashes when I click compact database under miscellaneous. 

Unfortunately, this all happened while making a review of this game.  If someone can fix my save, which I have below, I'd be happy to continue making my review of this exceptional game.  I believe just deleting the shipping lines would work as temporary fix, if anyone is capable of doing that.  I've tried myself without success. 

hxxp: www. mediafire. com/download/cp55f02eokq5yvd/Stevefire. mdb

I've never played a game is as much potential as this.  Really impressive work, creator. 

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2013, 08:41:35 AM »
Ok, I have long lived without much bugs, but now I encountered one that might be interesting. My construction just finished a large orbital habitat, and the following happens:

So whenever I click the ship list, the game locks up in this error message, and can only be closed and reopened. I don't think I can delete the habitat without the list either.(I have backup saves though, so my game is not at all broken.)

Two discoveries concerning the error: 1. Changing the Design in the design window to PDC (which makes it lose nearly all components, and shrink to near nonexistence), makes the error go away, hence I can go into the ship window again, and even delete the bugged construct. 2. Also, since this design is nearly identical to one I used in another game, with the only difference being total size, the error obviously must come from that the game cannot handle this part in some way.
Class comparisons - actual:

from other game:

My guess is henceforth that the sort-after-mass function, which is automatically on in the ship window when activated, cannot handle some things above a certain size, either through sheer numerical capacity, or maybe maybe because the rounding function does some bogus.(have occassional non critical error messages concerning rounding once in a while with bigger ships during design phase)

Here is the clean and slim save, in case needed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3vZFhO9KKngNmhwYzFXaTJvNHM/edit?usp=sharing
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Narmio

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2013, 11:18:30 AM »
I just noticed that "Targeting" events for point-blank beam PD intercepts use what I assume is the real name of incoming missile types, rather than just "Size 4 Missile" or whatever. e.g.:

CA Invincible - "Goalkeeper" BFC (40kkm/20kkmps/200t) targeting Kuan Ti Anti-ship Missile at 10000km using point blank fire: Base Chance to Hit: 112% (Base To Hit: 88% Modified by Crew Grade: 112%)

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2013, 03:55:37 AM »
When in the Mining/Maintenance section of the Population and Production screen, if you double click on the Total row and try to enter a number or hit cancel you get:

Error in grdMines_DblClick - "Error 3061 was generated by DAO.Database \ Too few parameters. Expected 1."
followed by
Error in grdMines_DblClick - "Error 91 was generated by Aurora \ Object variable or With block variable not set." x4

It may not be supposed to work, but it sure would be nice to use that Total to set a reserve level for every mineral at once, rather than having to click 11x times.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2013, 03:59:41 AM »
When in the Mining/Maintenance section of the Population and Production screen, if you double click on the Total row and try to enter a number or hit cancel you get:

Error in grdMines_DblClick - "Error 3061 was generated by DAO.Database \ Too few parameters. Expected 1."
followed by
Error in grdMines_DblClick - "Error 91 was generated by Aurora \ Object variable or With block variable not set." x4

It may not be supposed to work, but it sure would be nice to use that Total to set a reserve level for every mineral at once, rather than having to click 11x times.

yeah ive been able to get this one to fire as well so ill confirm this one exists