Author Topic: Official v6.30 Bugs thread  (Read 44539 times)

Offline Scraphound

• Leading Rate
  • S
Re: Official v6.30 Bugs thread
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=6501. msg69092#msg69092 date=1390600044
Is your decimal separator a comma?

Nope.   I'm in North America.   

Offline Thorgarth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2014, 08:03:14 PM »
v6.3, after defeating a pre-TN world and then shipping the required maintenance, a squadron of FACs were stationed in the system.  I've placed them on training.  Yet, they are not suffering any maintenance issue nor is the maintenace clock running.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2014, 07:36:10 AM »
Given that someone else just reported a large alien population appearing on Mars, I am starting to wonder if the game is somehow picking up a colony from another game. Could you email me the DB?

The DB is on its way, let me know if you don't get it.  I had to zip it to get it down in size. 

The system in question is Eta Cassiopeiae, and the planet with the alien colony on it is A-II. 

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2014, 09:37:41 AM »
Given that someone else just reported a large alien population appearing on Mars, I am starting to wonder if the game is somehow picking up a colony from another game. Could you email me the DB?

Ooooh - parallel universe translation!!!  Wasn't there a Star Trek episode about that?

John

Offline Scraphound

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2014, 10:14:38 AM »
A little more info on the bug I'm encountering.

Here's the full error message:

Error 3021 was generated by DAO. Field
No Current Record

If I dismiss the first error a second one immediately pops up over and over again, forcing me to end the process.   

Error 3420 was generated by DAO. Database
Object invali or no longer set.

It seems to happen only when I advance time by 5 days or more.   Not much happening in my game right now.   Conventional start.   I have two GeoSurvey ships on automated exploration detail.   

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Aurora is just about everything I ever wanted in a game.   Can't wait to sink my teeth in. 

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »
Ooooh - parallel universe translation!!!  Wasn't there a Star Trek episode about that?

John

Maybe Aurora is actually Steve's attempt to create a distributed AI, and these unexpected things we're seeing are bleeding over from the AI's database. 

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2014, 12:26:39 PM »
The DB is on its way, let me know if you don't get it.  I had to zip it to get it down in size. 

The system in question is Eta Cassiopeiae, and the planet with the alien colony on it is A-II. 

I haven't received it yet. Did you send to the btinternet address or the gmail address?

Steve

Offline Tanj

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »
I haven't received it yet. Did you send to the btinternet address or the gmail address?

Steve

This might be the same issue, or something else entirely, but on my current game both my Luna and Mars colonies suddenly started issuing their own build orders. Luna and Mars started trying to convert mines to automines (despite having no mines in the first place) and Mars also had a build order for a type of missile I've never designed... This is running 6.3

Offline Ceebees

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2014, 10:16:21 AM »
Quote from: Tanj link=topic=6501. msg69121#msg69121 date=1390698923
This might be the same issue, or something else entirely, but on my current game both my Luna and Mars colonies suddenly started issuing their own build orders.  Luna and Mars started trying to convert mines to automines (despite having no mines in the first place) and Mars also had a build order for a type of missile I've never designed. . .  This is running 6. 3

I actually had this occur on a number of civilian mining complexes, also affecting the research panel.  From the names of the missiles being built and the scientists, i figured that they were somehow seeing NPR build orders.  Letting the projects complete didn't actually change anything in my empire, so i ignored and forgot about it.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2014, 05:08:06 PM »

Steve

I sent it to the btinternet address. 

Offline Scraphound

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »
So I scrapped my previous game after getting hit with error messages and started a new one.   Played like a dream all day yesterday.   No problem whatsoever.   Today I load my game and I'm getting a completely different set of bugs.   

When I click on research, industry, or really anything that shares the same menu I get the following:  Error 3001 was generated by DAO. Database.   Invalid argument.   Next I click okay and I get this error:  Error 91 was generated by Aurora.   Object variable or With block variable not set.   

I'd really, really like to play Aurora, but these bugs are making it impossible.   Is there anything I can do to avoid these bugs? Should I insteall version 6. 2 instead maybe? 

Any help would be appreciated.   Just stumbled across Aurora recently.   It's exactly the kind of game I've always wanted to play but never believed anyone would actually be crazy enough to make it.   

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2014, 07:37:48 PM »
So I scrapped my previous game after getting hit with error messages and started a new one.   Played like a dream all day yesterday.   No problem whatsoever.   Today I load my game and I'm getting a completely different set of bugs.   

When I click on research, industry, or really anything that shares the same menu I get the following:  Error 3001 was generated by DAO. Database.   Invalid argument.   Next I click okay and I get this error:  Error 91 was generated by Aurora.   Object variable or With block variable not set.   

I'd really, really like to play Aurora, but these bugs are making it impossible.   Is there anything I can do to avoid these bugs? Should I insteall version 6. 2 instead maybe? 

Any help would be appreciated.   Just stumbled across Aurora recently.   It's exactly the kind of game I've always wanted to play but never believed anyone would actually be crazy enough to make it.   

Its difficult to know what the problem is. Aurora does have some bugs but is generally stable, nothing like the problems you are encountering. It's almost as if you have a corrupt installation or a mismatched database and executable. Something else is definitely going on because if these were common bugs everyone would be reporting them. I can only suggest removing and re-installing and make sure you follow every step in the install very carefully. Going to v6.2 is definitely an option.

Offline PaxMondo

• Chief Petty Officer
  • P
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2014, 08:29:38 PM »
31 years into a game it has halted with an : Error 3421.   I cannot clear it, and not sure exactly what is the trigger.

I can send a savegame if you wish.

Offline Tanj

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2014, 06:09:13 AM »
I've got some odd civilian traffic in my current game. All three civilian shipping lines are attempting to reach Luna, I presume with cargo from Earth, by routing all their traffic through 3 other solar systems... so they jump out to Barnards Star, then onto Luyten 726-8, then into Sirius and finally back into Sol to deliver their cargo. All together the four systems form a big circle, all jump-gated by an aggresive NPR which is currently slaughtering all the civilian traffic as it moves through Sirius  :-\

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2014, 06:59:27 AM »
From Earth to Luna?
So instead of spending 12 minutes 48 seconds @ 500 km/s for the direct approach they're redirecting through 4 systems?
Sounds reasonable.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "