Author Topic: Official v6.30 Bugs thread  (Read 44529 times)

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
Re: Official v6.30 Bugs thread
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »
There is some kind of bug with assembling PDC's from components.

Not sure how it happened, but I shipped two PDC's worth of components to a colony, created a assemble order for 10, and it built 10.

Offline GenJeFT

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2014, 09:57:21 PM »
I am getting two bugs.

Error 76 was generated by aurora.
Path not found
Please report to bla bla bla...

and

Error 424 was generated by Aurora.
Object required

I can get past them by spamming the enter key (I just hold it down and eventually it works past them).

I am (unfortunetly) running windows 8.1.

Note, it happens every December.

Edit.

I also noticed something else weird, it skips from December to March once the error happens.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:13:34 PM by GenJeFT »

Offline OJsDad

• Petty Officer
  • O
« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2014, 11:20:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is as designed, but wanted to make sure;

After surveying a JP in the Sol system, I pressed the F9, went to the Jump Point tab and clicked the Explore button.  The new system was binary.  The A component had a few planes/moons/asteroids.  The B component had nothing listed.  Is it possible in Aurora for a sun to have nothing orbiting.

Thanks

Offline OJsDad

• Petty Officer
  • O
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2014, 11:35:13 AM »
When pausing a construction project in the Industry tab of the Pop and Prod screen, and then add a new item to be built, the new items doesn't start until the paused item is demoted.  When demoting the paused item, its status changes to Queue-1, it requires a second demotion to get the new item to Queue 1. 

Shouldn't the productions points be skipped on a paused item and given to the first item in a Queue. 

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2014, 11:57:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is as designed, but wanted to make sure;

After surveying a JP in the Sol system, I pressed the F9, went to the Jump Point tab and clicked the Explore button.  The new system was binary.  The A component had a few planes/moons/asteroids.  The B component had nothing listed.  Is it possible in Aurora for a sun to have nothing orbiting.

Thanks

It is quite frequent for a star to have no orbiting bodies.  In my experience it happens more frequently that a given star has no planets as you add more stars to the system.  Binary -> Trinary -> Quadrinary.  Ive found a couple quad systems with not one planetary body in them among 4 stars.

Offline OJsDad

• Petty Officer
  • O
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2014, 01:05:58 PM »
It is quite frequent for a star to have no orbiting bodies.  In my experience it happens more frequently that a given star has no planets as you add more stars to the system.  Binary -> Trinary -> Quadrinary.  Ive found a couple quad systems with not one planetary body in them among 4 stars.

That's what I figured.  I hadn't seen it before though. 

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2014, 02:06:03 PM »
If you are feeling really bummed about the lack of planetary bodies in a system there are ways to remove that system and generate something more bountiful in its place.  I won't clutter this thread with the details but there are other threads that explain the process.  It's fairly simple.

Offline GenJeFT

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »
Anyone know why I am getting the Error 76 and Error 424?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2014, 05:03:51 PM »
I am getting two bugs.

Error 76 was generated by aurora.
Path not found

and

Error 424 was generated by Aurora.
Object required

I can get past them by spamming the enter key (I just hold it down and eventually it works past them).

I am (unfortunetly) running windows 8.1.

Note, it happens every December.

Edit.

I also noticed something else weird, it skips from December to March once the error happens.

Do you have auto-assign for you officers turned on and set to 12 months? It's the only thing I can think of that would occur at the same time every year. Maybe one or more of your officers is assigned incorrectly.

As for skipping months, when you are holding down the enter key to get passed the errors your last focus was probably on the time increment. If you don't realize that the errors are over with then you could easily trigger more time increments, has happened to me quite a few times.

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #234 on: April 05, 2014, 12:48:06 AM »
When pausing a construction project in the Industry tab of the Pop and Prod screen, and then add a new item to be built, the new items doesn't start until the paused item is demoted.  When demoting the paused item, its status changes to Queue-1, it requires a second demotion to get the new item to Queue 1. 

Shouldn't the productions points be skipped on a paused item and given to the first item in a Queue. 

This is works as designed.  Pausing construction saves you the CC consumed by that project, as well as the other costs (minerals, wealth, etc).  It is a separate system from the Queue system.

Offline GenJeFT

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2014, 08:37:13 AM »
Do you have auto-assign for you officers turned on and set to 12 months? It's the only thing I can think of that would occur at the same time every year. Maybe one or more of your officers is assigned incorrectly.

As for skipping months, when you are holding down the enter key to get passed the errors your last focus was probably on the time increment. If you don't realize that the errors are over with then you could easily trigger more time increments, has happened to me quite a few times.

I do have officers auto assigned, I will try shutting that off and see if it makes a difference since I have more positions then officers.

Offline Sharp

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #236 on: April 07, 2014, 09:58:23 AM »
Hi, first time poster, hope this is right, and no links or images until I have a few posts I guess.

Using v6. 30 installed using AcidWeb's Installer

Got an odd bug where I have a Brigade HQ unit but I can't add more then 2 battalions to it.

http ://i1273. photobucket. com/albums/y411/H_Sharp2/AuroraTroopHQBug_zps77ed8c79. png

I can attach 4 battalions to other Brigade HQ but.  I'm using the same battalion unit type for both Brigade HQ's.  I trained both Bridage HQ's at the same time at same place and apart from their commanders they are identical, although I did swap their CO's just incase that makes a difference but still the same Brigade HQ which only allows 2 battalions will only allow 2 battalions regardless of CO.

It doesn't look like there are any ghost units attached to the Brigade as there is no gap if I rename the broken brigade hq to be 1st on the list.

----------------

Also got seperate issue of Aurora seeming to change my Opera browser theme when active and slightly different when closed down but computer not restarted.  When Aurora is active it looks like http: //i1273. photobucket. com/albums/y411/H_Sharp2/ThemeBug_zps9c6cca63. png so menu is blue instead of grey, if I close Aurora it goes brown/beige.  Doesn't seem to affect anything else except menus like that though so not a big problem and not really a big bug so I am not concerned with this one.

---------------

And finally getting some random computer freezing when I press some buttons, usually not same button but just seems purely random and not happening if I do anything specific (apart from mouse click) sometimes happens when advancing time, sometimes happens when just opening up another menu or just clicking on a ship design, however this could just be my computer as the HDD is quite old and im due to refit or scrap and upgrade the computer shortly anyway.  It does freeze my computer though so I need to restart it and one time it BSOD'ed me but normally it's just a deep freeze.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6. 1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601. win7sp1_gdr. 130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co. , Ltd.
System Model: X58A-UD3R
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6. 00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3. 07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3. 1GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6142MB RAM

Offline Sharp

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2014, 10:01:54 AM »
Blargh and now I need to retract my first bug.  The problem with the HQ was that I sent two units that were attached to the HQ to another colony, so my bad, although suggestion would be that under Brigade and Divisional HQ it makes note of any units which are not at the same location as HQ or automatically detaches units from HQ when they are separated.

Sorry about that.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #238 on: April 07, 2014, 11:19:54 AM »
Aurora is extremely drive intensive.  If your hard drive is struggling (bad sectors, read errors, motor failing) it will cause a lot of the freezing you are noticing.  There is also a vast performance difference between SATA and PATA and 5400rpm, 7200rpm and SSD drives.  If you can afford it try a striped SSD setup.  Alternatively, my workplace (as a lot of offices) have old and small SSD's sitting around from upgrades that were free.  Aurora and Windows 7 are the only things installed and it's amazingly fast and smooth.

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #239 on: April 07, 2014, 12:36:22 PM »
Fixed a bug that would wipe out a research project if you downloaded tech data that should have completed the project instead.