Author Topic: Survey "swarm" and fleet orders  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Redshirt (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Survey "swarm" and fleet orders
« on: June 17, 2012, 10:03:53 AM »
I decided the most efficient way to survey a system is to create a survey "swarm" fleet- a ton of tiny survey ships in a single task force, each with a single engine and a single-ship jump drive.  It works very nicely- they all use a standard transit to jump into the unexplored system, then use the action Divide into Single Ships, and spread out and swiftly survey the entire system.

Of course, now I've got ten individual task groups to deal with. . .  Is there an easy way to get them to rejoin? Right now I have orders set as follows-
Primary- Survey Next Five System Bodies
Secondary- Follow Higher Fleet in System

I'm thinking setting a conditional order on the primary ship- If sub fleets in same location, Incorporate Sub-fleets in Same Location.
Unfortunately, it looks like I need to turn this off every time I do a new system jump and divide, correct? Or if I jump and divide, will the sub groups start obeying their primary orders and get out of the way before the parent group's condition kicks in and recombines them?
Living up to my username. . .

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Survey "swarm" and fleet orders
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 01:26:09 PM »
Use Move to Entry Jump Point as your secondary and Incorporate Sub-fleets in Same Location as the conditional for the master fleet. The survey ships will all re-assemble at the entry point.

Steve

Offline Redshirt (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Re: Survey "swarm" and fleet orders
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:08:52 AM »
Perfect! Thanks!
Living up to my username. . .