Author Topic: v2.2.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 3644 times)

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: v2.2.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2023, 06:37:28 PM »
In my current game on v2.2.1 I set the field position using the new GU organisation tab, however when constructed they don't remember them.

Me too.

Offline jatzi

• Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2023, 10:27:02 PM »
I'm noticing PD protection priority for classes is the same for each. As in when I change it for one it changes for all of them. And it doesn't stick, when I close the window and open it back up it's back to the default 1

SJW: Fixed for v2.2.2. Its a display bug. The value is set, but selecting a class doesn't display the value.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 07:38:53 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline lumporr

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2023, 10:45:08 PM »
Woo! Can't wait to start the new update!

However, I encountered two instances of a bug - "2.2.1 Function #2939: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." This error first occured when I created a new Random Stars game, as soon as I created the final race. The game froze, and upon closing and reopening Aurora, the system name was blank. The error showed up again after sucessfully creating another Random Stars game, and clicking the "Create Habitable" button. Exploring jump points with SM mode does not throw the error, but Create Habitable has thrown the error twice in a row now (after reloading). My decimal separator is NOT a comma - but a period!

DB attatched.

These were my first attempts at game creation post fresh download and patch.

EDIT: Don't know why I got mixed up about my decimal separator, it's a period.

SJW: Fixed for v2.2.2
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 04:19:58 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: The_Seeker

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2023, 10:46:53 PM »
My decimal separator is a comma.

Decimal separator needs to be a period. I'll bet you 100 duranium this is the cause of the error.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2023, 05:56:55 AM »
The Raiders are completely non-functional for v2.2 due to a simple typo. An 'if' should have been 'else if'.

When v2.2.2 comes out, the Raiders will only function in new games.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2023, 06:29:03 AM »
Fixes
  • Ground units now deleted correctly when parent colony is deleted.

Does not appear to work. Ground units at a deleted colony still show up in the Order of Battle when the Location checkbox is unchecked.

I can't reproduce this one. They are deleting correctly for me. Did you try closing and re-open the ground forces window?

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2023, 12:04:08 PM »
Admin commands are throwing an error when you try to delete them: 2.2.1 Function #1675: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Reproduction steps:
Open the Naval Organization window.
Select the top-level admin command.
Click "Create Admin", enter a name, and hit OK.
Select the new admin command.
Click the Assign Admin Commander button.
Close the Naval Organization window.
Reopen the Naval Organization window.
Select the new admin command.
Click Delete.

Reopening the naval organization window sometimes allows the admin command to be delted normally.

SJW: Fixed for v2.2.2
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 12:14:53 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2023, 12:44:24 PM »
Fixes
  • Ground units now deleted correctly when parent colony is deleted.

Does not appear to work. Ground units at a deleted colony still show up in the Order of Battle when the Location checkbox is unchecked.

I can't reproduce this one. They are deleting correctly for me. Did you try closing and re-open the ground forces window?

Yes, and advancing the construction increment. Note that these units show up in the Order of Battle tab if you uncheck the Location box - if you're not able to reproduce, check that you're seeing them under this condition. Otherwise, maybe you've once again accidentally fixed it without knowing?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2023, 12:49:19 PM »

Yes, and advancing the construction increment. Note that these units show up in the Order of Battle tab if you uncheck the Location box - if you're not able to reproduce, check that you're seeing them under this condition. Otherwise, maybe you've once again accidentally fixed it without knowing?

Yes, I have been turning the location on and off and they aren't there.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2023, 12:58:09 PM »

I guess you accidentally fixed it for 2.2.2 then, since I've reproduced this multiple times in the 2.2.1 release. Another one down!  ;D

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2023, 01:02:20 PM »

I guess you accidentally fixed it for 2.2.2 then, since I've reproduced this multiple times in the 2.2.1 release. Another one down!  ;D

Is that the original v2.2.1 that just fixed the commanders window, or the other v2.2.1 that was released the next day? :)

Does the Copy button exist on the Ground Forces window (as well as Copy + Upgrade) ?

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2023, 01:05:44 PM »
Is that the original v2.2.1 that just fixed the commanders window, or the other v2.2.1 that was released the next day? :)

I am using the most recent EXE version as far as I know.

EDIT: I notice in the change log:
Deleted populations disappear immediately from list when deleted (rather than requiring a refresh).
So I bet this is where the "accidental fix" has happened.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 01:08:59 PM by nuclearslurpee »

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2023, 02:49:04 PM »
Bit of an issue with 2.2.1:

GU Copy + Upgrade creates multiple copies of identical items. I have a company HQ that I use in all my company sized formations. Using the copy + upgrade button on each company sized formation created 7 copies of that HQ, all identical.

Perhaps there could be a check to see if something with that exact design already exists? If so, don't duplicate?

EDIT:
To complicate matters further, it creates a new series for each item it duplicates, regardless of the fact that I already had series for each GU.

SJW: Fixed for v.2.2.2
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 06:55:09 AM by Steve Walmsley »
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

The following users thanked this post: Impassive, nuclearslurpee

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2023, 07:27:10 PM »
When clicking on Rename Series under Unit Series tab of the Ground Forces you have the following error if you have selected the unit instead of the series:

2.2.1 Function #3355: Unable to cast object of type 'f6' to type 'f5'.

I don't remember experiencing this before. I am sure it's not the first time I highlighted the wrong part  ;D

SJW: Fixed for v2.2.2. Added a check that series is selected before trying to rename.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 05:54:57 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Uran

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2023, 02:47:33 AM »
Wrong Geo Survey value in the Naval Organization window -> Fleet tab -> 3-rd string. 

The Geo Survey value takes in to account only ship officers bonuses and does not calculate bonuses from the Admin Commands. 

We have discovered this issue together with nuclearslurpee in the hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/index.  php?topic=13340.  msg166385#msg166385

nuclearslurpee checked it we know that real in-action bonuses are calculated correctly.   The issue is only with the displayed Geo Survey value in Naval Organization window Fleet tab. 

EDIT: From another point of view, the Geo Survey value displayed for fleet itself and may be it should not be dependent on the chain of command above the fleet.
I do not know what is correct in this case.
But in any case it will be great if we can see (somewhere) actual Geo Survey for the fleet with all bonuses in it. 

SJW: Fixed for v.2.2.2
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 06:09:49 AM by Steve Walmsley »