Author Topic: Official v5.02 Bugs Thread  (Read 18314 times)

Offline MoonDragon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • M
Re: Official v5.02 Patch Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 11:06:23 PM »
Shipyards that are tooled for a class do not really like it when you delete the class. They end up showing that they are tooled for "Unknown Class" and every attempt to give orders causes an error message to pop up:

Error in CalculateRefitCost

Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Field
No current record.

I'm hoping that this will go away when I finally retool the shipyard to a new, existing class.
(@)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 11:13:07 PM »
The new fleet organization tab totally rocks for creating Task Groups, except that it's not checking for TG name conflicts (or if it is, it's only checking co-located TG).  Several times now I've created a TG from the fleet tab, when there's already been a TG of that name in existence - end up getting the duplicate TG name error.  Once I see the error I delete the spurious TG (it's usually empty), but it's still a bit of a pain.  I would suggest a suffix (e.g. " A" or ".01" or ...) when the TG creation code sees the name is already taken....

John

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 07:51:56 AM »
My game still doesn't recognize the Flags folder within Aurora's. So every time I try to view the Galactic Map screen, I get several errors even though the folder is right there and full of flags.

Error in LoadRaceData
Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found: 'Flags\'

I know it's there, right beside folders like Medals, Planetjpeg, Races and Ships. The Flags folder itself contains 389 images, flag0000.jpg till flag flag0389.jpg. Perhaps it's related to a problem I had earlier, due to the fact I had forgotten to extract that particular compressed file after installing the game: that was mostly fixed when I did. The System View stopped giving any errors and began showing planet images correctly, and even the Galactic Map stopped whining about a lack of ship images. However, the Flags issue remained. And it's odd, since it's looking for the folder itself rather than individual flag images.

Perhaps the lack of these folders earlier somehow corrupted that part of my game, and the same errors might not crop up in a game generated after that.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 08:32:49 AM »
Quote from: "Shadow"
My game still doesn't recognize the Flags folder within Aurora's. So every time I try to view the Galactic Map screen, I get several errors even though the folder is right there and full of flags.

Windows 7?

It's a good idea to mention your OS type when talking about file system problems, since Vista and now Windows 7 seem to be getting progressively balkier about these things (judging by the board traffic).

You might also check for whitespace in the file name.

John

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 10:24:35 AM »
Yeah, Win7 Home Premium 64bit. I didn't mention that earlier since I haven't installed the game in Program Files nor any other 'protected' area. Besides, I have UAC turned off.

There are no white space either, and the error message says exactly the same thing I described on my last post.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 11:25:46 AM »

Error in LoadRaceData
Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found: 'Flags\'

I know it's there, right beside folders like Medals, Planetjpeg, Races and Ships. The Flags folder itself contains 389 images, flag0000.jpg till flag flag0389.jpg. Perhaps it's related to a problem I had earlier, due to the fact I had forgotten to extract that particular compressed file after installing the game: that was mostly fixed when I did. The System View stopped giving any errors and began showing planet images correctly, and even the Galactic Map stopped whining about a lack of ship images. However, the Flags issue remained. And it's odd, since it's looking for the folder itself rather than individual flag images.

Perhaps the lack of these folders earlier somehow corrupted that part of my game, and the same errors might not crop up in a game generated after that.

If you can open up the DB then go to the race table and check the entry for flag under all races. If there is a blank one then just fill in a random numbered image.

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »
The DB itself is password-protected. :?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 11:59:45 AM »
The DB itself is password-protected. :?

Yeah, you could send the DB to Steve and ask him nicely to fix it up for you. But you would have to stop playing while he did it.

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 12:42:38 PM »
I'll look into that.

Also, my salvagers have been recovering some blank items. For example, my salvage TG currently has things like:

x2
x3
x1
x2 Pressurised Water Reactor PB-1 AR-0
x1 Thermal Sensor TH2-10

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
Shipyard "Add Task" Greyout
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 02:35:37 PM »
When I converted my 5.01 games over to 5.02 game, I did not see the greyed-out "Add Task" bug. Then, for no reason I can discern, about 10 minutes ago, I did. This tickled my QA-Developer sensibilities, so I played with it. I found that if I went to the Complex Activity Task Type combo box and selected something (even if it was the same thing already selected), this would cause the "Add Task" button to come back to life. (Which surprised me, since I wouldn't've expected those two pieces of the interface to interact.) Then, if I go to the Create Task Task Type dropdown and select anything, the "Add Task" button greys out again.

Given the behavior I'm seeing, my first guess would be that the code is referencing the wrong take type dropdown in an event handler or two. If you other folks seeing the greyed out "Add Task" button could confirm that you can get it active again by fiddling with the Complex Activity Task Type Combo Box, I'd be happy to know I'm not seeing things.

Nabobalis

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 04:06:47 PM »
With 5.02 I get msstdfmt.dll is missing, I didn't with any other version but Im going to find the .dll and add it my self.

Edit: I have the .dll already. For some reason it still wont work. Running Windows 7 x64
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:22:58 PM by Nabobalis »

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
Re: Shipyard "Add Task" Greyout
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 04:10:14 PM »
Quote from: "ndkid"
When I converted my 5.01 games over to 5.02 game, I did not see the greyed-out "Add Task" bug. Then, for no reason I can discern, about 10 minutes ago, I did. This tickled my QA-Developer sensibilities, so I played with it. I found that if I went to the Complex Activity Task Type combo box and selected something (even if it was the same thing already selected), this would cause the "Add Task" button to come back to life. (Which surprised me, since I wouldn't've expected those two pieces of the interface to interact.) Then, if I go to the Create Task Task Type dropdown and select anything, the "Add Task" button greys out again.

Given the behavior I'm seeing, my first guess would be that the code is referencing the wrong take type dropdown in an event handler or two. If you other folks seeing the greyed out "Add Task" button could confirm that you can get it active again by fiddling with the Complex Activity Task Type Combo Box, I'd be happy to know I'm not seeing things.

I take back my earlier post, now getting exactly this behaviour too.  Everything was working fine, just completed a retool and went to build a couple of troop transport ships, and the Add Task button was greyed out.  Same on all the other yards that had classes assigned, many of which haven't changed for a while.  The button was available on two new yards with no class assigned.  As soon as I assigned one, it greyed out.  Went in to the dB and cleared all assignments, repeated the behaviour.
As ndkid says, select something in Complex Activity, the Add Task button is then available.  Clicked on it to add a Build ship order, which gets added, then the button greys out again.  Repeat to add another task.
Very strange.

Stephen
PS. Sorry I confused you with someone else Mr Krab.  My bad.

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 04:24:02 PM »
And now things ave returned to normal.  The first yard did just finish building three terraformers and I just added three more to build and everything is still OK.
On a couple of the yards, including the terraformer one, when I select it you can see it grey out then come back to normal.

Stephen

Offline AtomikKrab

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 04:30:40 PM »
I can report moderate success with the add complex tab selection and then build a ship, it  grays out after every time, and does not come back everytime, but at least I can get back to building ships.

I am still getting the error in orbital movement division by 0 error 11 message every turn (well every turn now)

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
Reposting from a thread in The Academy:

That's (the hour/day-skips) passed now. May or may not have been related to alien ships prowling my civilian shipping lines and having civvie ships appear and disappear from their sensor screens.

However, a few years later I encountered another problem (now on 5.02). I had defended the jump point the alien vessels were using to enter my system and raid my civilian ships for about 5 years. I managed to destroy a handful of enemy units as they jumped in. However, my frigates eventually had to return to resupply at Earth, and not a month later, another alien ship appeared in the system. Fortunately, a level 10 listening post on an asteroid picked them up about two billion kilometres away from the main trade route.

I immediately dispatched three missile frigates and a SWACS vessel to intercept the 19,200-ton target. However, shortly after it was detected by the LP, interrupts became stuck at 60 seconds. According to SM Only event messages, the reason is: "Increment length adjusted as a ship is within firing range". That has to be some freak coincidence with some other thing happening elsewhere in the galaxy, as none of my weapons have a range of 2 billion km. It's highly unlikely the enemy target has that kind of range, either, as their tech was considerably behind mine. I had seen that class before, and it has nuclear pulse engines, duranium armour, poor sensors, etc.

Any ideas? These 60-second skips have been going on for over 18 game hours.
I've a copy of the affected DB I can send to Steve, if it'd help.