Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 84490 times)

Offline JimBadger

• Petty Officer
  • J
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #360 on: October 18, 2011, 07:37:04 AM »
Cheers.   

My few ships are all doing exactly what I expect them to be doing, so I'd be surprised if they're generating my error.   

I suppose starting again right now wouldn't be too painful.    I'm only ten years in, but, darn it, I like my start.   

Who are these gods amongst us who have Developer passwords? :)

Edit: I will indeed try clearing all of my ships' orders, though.   It's just the fact that there were two errors, then, later four more, and that they've then persisted that makes me think that some "things" have been generated in unexplored space, and they've got themselves in a muddle. 

Edit: Cleared all orders and default orders for all of my task groups.  I still get 6 instances of that error every single increment.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:43:53 PM by JimBadger »

Offline scvn2812

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #361 on: October 18, 2011, 11:23:40 AM »
This is a "me too" for commercial shipbuilding rate problems. As of 5.53, as I noticed others mentioning for 5.50+ when I finally found the right phrase to put into the search window to pull up the relevant posts, the ship design window and the shipyard quartermaster are in rather brutal disagreement over how long it should take to build a commercial design. The commercial shipyards are building at a rate of 200ish points per year compared to the military yards which are doing 600+

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #362 on: October 18, 2011, 02:07:46 PM »
Again this error, eleven times:

ver. 5.52=>5.53

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:13:26 PM by orfeusz »
Only in Death does Duty End

Offline user-unknown

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #363 on: October 18, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
This is a "me too" for commercial shipbuilding rate problems. As of 5.53, as I noticed others mentioning for 5.50+ when I finally found the right phrase to put into the search window to pull up the relevant posts, the ship design window and the shipyard quartermaster are in rather brutal disagreement over how long it should take to build a commercial design. The commercial shipyards are building at a rate of 200ish points per year compared to the military yards which are doing 600+

Are you sure you are using 5.53?  This was a problem in 5.50-2 but it was the main issue fixed in 5.53.

Also, I get the create Tech System error above also, albeit very infrequently - I guess I've had it about four times in a game which has lasted 50 years.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #364 on: October 20, 2011, 12:33:36 PM »
Are you sure you are using 5.53?  This was a problem in 5.50-2 but it was the main issue fixed in 5.53.

Also, I get the create Tech System error above also, albeit very infrequently - I guess I've had it about four times in a game which has lasted 50 years.

The best way to check is to open the Game window and see what version is shown in the top right.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #365 on: October 20, 2011, 12:37:28 PM »
I just got a divide by zero error in industry production (I forget the exact name of it, but it was the part where it runs the production on planets - I thought I took a screen capture of the error before I clicked OK via the print screen key, but it didn't make it to my clipboard for some reason).

The accompanying message in my message log is rather... strange.

"Fuel Shortage in Production of Construction Factory at Earth"

At the same time I had finished producing a large ship, which stripped the fuel supplies from the planet. Not quite sure why it would be checking for fuel in production of a construction factory though. No other construction using fuel is going on (not producing missiles or anything).

Not seen this one before :)

My best guess is that somehow the fuel stockpile on the planet went below zero. I have added a check to the production code so that it not only checks if the fuel required is greater than the available stockpile but also if the fuel required is greater than zero.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #366 on: October 20, 2011, 12:38:38 PM »
It just says "Path not found: Flags\".

It may be a race that doesn't have a flag set at all for some reason. Does your own race have a flag shown in the Race window (F2)?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #367 on: October 20, 2011, 12:40:53 PM »
Seriously? That needs some adjustment.  Maybe a field in the Racial window where you can set when a colony is considered 'full' by percentage of maximum colonists allowed because of infrastructure requriements.

Shipping Lines won't ship to colonies that are full. However, the civ ships might set off when the colony isn't full and it is full when they arrive. Being slightly over the limit though isn't that big an issue and no more colonists will be sent after that point.

Steve

Offline LizardSF

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • L
« Reply #368 on: October 20, 2011, 01:27:12 PM »
It may be a race that doesn't have a flag set at all for some reason. Does your own race have a flag shown in the Race window (F2)?

Steve

I believe that incident occurred during the Second Terran Republic, a distant and ancient time from these glorious days of the Seventh Terran Republic, but, yes, my race had a flag. I have not seen that bug re-occur in other games.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #369 on: October 20, 2011, 02:17:12 PM »
Actualy Steve was pretty weird with Russian orthography.  >:(

Yes, my Russian is terrible and I don't know cyrillic so I had to use whatever romanization I could find. However, apparently I am going to learn Russian at work soon so that should help. Also started learning Mandarin last week with a private tutor, so Ni Hao to the Mandarin speakers on the forum (and it turns out this forum won't accept Chinese characters :)). I wonder if learning Mandarin will allow some subconcious sympathy for future Chinese Empires in Aurora :). They can't do any worse than in the past :)

Steve

Offline sowelu

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #370 on: October 20, 2011, 10:37:09 PM »
I got a popup window:  "No ranks found.      Please set up ranks before creating commanders"

It repeats about half the time on 5-day intervals.      It started happening after I used the star swarm fix, and the swarm seems to have invaded an NPR planet with ground forces.      I have a database that reproduces the bug.      I'm running version 5.   5.   3, two and a half years in.   

My own commanders are set up just fine so I'm assuming it's the NPRs' fault.     I don't see any explicit callouts to this error in the logs or in my event updates (including with 'show errors' checked).   

EDIT:  A few months after that started, I saw a single instance of:
Error in GroundCombat 
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.  Field
No current record. 
(doesn't seem connected to the ranks issue I guess)

EDIT:  The commanders error stopped after about a year.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:29:25 AM by sowelu »

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #371 on: October 21, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »
Getting this error multiple (about 40/50) times per production cycle - but i think i know why

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I just started a new scenario that involved moving everything out of Sol.  Included in a huge (200+ ship) fleet were 8 tugs with shipyards attached.  First system I jumped into had hostiles.  Making a run for the habitable planet, the tugs were slowing down the rest of the fleet.

The fleet was in the middle of space, not at a body that I could use.  So I highlighted the tugs in the Fleets window, and split TG.  The tugs created a new TG, but they did not remember that they had shipyards tractored. (possible error 1)  I re-tractored through the Individual Unit Details screen.

I proceeded to cleanse the system, all the while the tugs were towing to a planet.

Once they reached that planet, the executed the release tractored shipyards command.

At this point, the above imaged error started. (possible error 2) The planet that the order was executed at has no shipyards listed. 

Offline Baldri

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #372 on: October 21, 2011, 02:14:53 PM »
Quote from: ndkid link=topic=3895. msg38321#msg38321 date=1313436928
I'm getting repeated Error in CheckForRuins in my current 5. 52 game.  Error 3421: Data Type Conversion error.  There is a planet that I believe will contain ruins, but I am not currently in a system with one, so my guess is that the defenders of said planet are managing to cause the problem themselves, or possibly with other outside help.

Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=3895. msg40191#msg40191 date=1316858813
This appears to be a database issue.  If you have Access you need to change the data type of the GameTimeDamaged field in the AlienShip table from Long to Currency.  Please Let me know if that works.

Steve

Same issue here whenever fighting occurs.  Since i do not have the access-pw for the database i wonder if there is a hotfix to come

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #373 on: October 21, 2011, 05:23:46 PM »
Running 5.  52 on XP:

Error in Orbital Motion,
Error 11, Division by Zero
(This occurs every 5-day increment in one of my games.   Not sure where or why.  )
-----------------------------
Error 76, Path not found 'Flags\'
(Occurs in all games every time the galactic map is viewed.   Oddly, the 'Flags' directory currently installed right next to the Medals directory where I understand it's supposed to be.  .  .  )
Error 52. 
No clue what it is, but looking at the log files shows the following message almost always accompanies it:
"SM only, System0, Error in Create Game Log"
I can't get the F9 system window to display.  Hitting F9 generates:
"Error in Launch System Window
Error 713: Class not registered.  You need the following 'MSSTDFMT. DLL'"
The arrow keys may be used to scroll through lists. 
Attempting to scroll off the top or bottom of a sublist causes Bad Things to happen, typically a stack of a half dozen assorted 3-digit error messages followed by a game crash/unexpected exit. 
------------------------------
When restarting my system after having played Aurora I'll occasionally get a system crash about 60 seconds after the desktop comes up.   In the following bluescreen diagnostics there are list of invalid/corrupted Aurora related files.   After the system makes the recommended deletions/path truncations/etc everything runs fine: at least until the blue screen repeats itself a few days later. 

I'm going to try an uninstall/reinstall, but if that doesn't work I'll try to remember to write down the exact message. 

EDIT:
A Reinstall/overwrite seems to have fixed the Error 76 Flags issues.  The F9 Error 713 remains.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:39:45 PM by sublight »

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #374 on: October 22, 2011, 07:40:00 AM »

When restarting my system after having played Aurora I'll occasionally get a system crash about 60 seconds after the desktop comes up.   In the following bluescreen diagnostics there are list of invalid/corrupted Aurora related files.   After the system makes the recommended deletions/path truncations/etc everything runs fine: at least until the blue screen repeats itself a few days later. 

It may be something with Your HDD. Make backup fast!

Some years ago i had similar case with my PC. Few weeks after that it completely break. They send it to Taiwan or Korea  ;D And back to Europe. It take months  :-\

Only in Death does Duty End