Author Topic: Boarding + Ground Combat Questions  (Read 1514 times)

Offline seinwave (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
Boarding + Ground Combat Questions
« on: April 15, 2011, 11:46:17 AM »
I have some questions regarding ground combat and boarding in v5.  42/5.  5. 

1.   What happens to my marines after/if they conquer the ship? Are they placed aboard it or do they disappear or what?
2.   Do I need both troop bays and combat drop modules to move troops between, or will one or the other work?
3.   Does boarding increase a chance of detection? For example, if I had a stealthy ship with a very low thermal signature "shoot off" a module of marines, will either the ship's launch or their boarding be detected by other ships? Also, after a successful boarding attempt, will enemy ships immediately detect the captured ship as an enemy? I'm trying to design a stealthy FAC-launching assault ship that can capture enemy shipping and interrogate their captains.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:11:57 PM by MrBob »

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
Re: Boarding + Ground Combat Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »
1. They remain aboard the ship they captured. I'm not sure if they can be transfered back to a ship with troop bays. I do know they can be transfered to a population if they are in orbit.

2. You don't need troop bays, but troops held in drop modules will lose morale over time. So you'll want to move them around in troop bays and only transfer them to drop modules when you need to. Don't forget to include Cargo Handling Systems.

3. I don't know.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Boarding + Ground Combat Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 09:34:24 PM »
Also, after a successful boarding attempt, will enemy ships immediately detect the captured ship as an enemy?

Yes.