Author Topic: Pre-TN Question About Homeworld Minerals  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Maltay (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Pre-TN Question About Homeworld Minerals
« on: December 13, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »
In a multi faction start, is it common practice to use SM to increase the number and accessibility of TN minerals on your shared homeworld?  If yes, does anyone have a common method of figuring how much based on the number of pre-TN factions sharing that homeworld?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
Re: Pre-TN Question About Homeworld Minerals
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »
You pretty much have to by a pre-TN start, because the starting minerals are meant to get you to start exploring quickly from a normal TN start, when you have technology and ships pre-built.

My general rule is to increase TN values 10x for a conventional start, but I haven't played a multi-faction start to space yet to know if that is enough.

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 06:41:50 PM »
Personal preference. I generally consider that in a conventional start you have to leverage off planet resources in Sol before you can challenge the stars. At most I double my starting minerals. Since the Sol system usually has enough real estate to support two TN empires comfortably minerals aren't that big a challenge once off-planet.

For multiple NPRs on the same home world I'd recommend +50% additional minerals per faction, with one off-planet colonizable location per two extra factions given HW minerals generation.

Disclaimer: All of my mult-faction starts have been Earth + Colony type scenarios, where everyone had their own homeworld. The above is an untested suggestion.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:44:29 PM by sublight »

Offline Lexusjjss

• Leading Rate
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »
How exactly do you tweak the starting minerals of your planet?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 07:33:32 PM »
How exactly do you tweak the starting minerals of your planet?

Turn on SM. Open the system detail view (F9). On the lower right is a button labeled "Specify Minerals". Click. Enter new values. Clicking the Specify Minerals button again closes that box.