Author Topic: New Civilian Mining Colonies  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
New Civilian Mining Colonies
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:02:03 AM »
Hi,

My CMC on Sol are closing one after another after having culminated at 12, with 30+ complexes. I have an extra solar world with 41 millions people.

1. When can I expect a new CMC on the extra solar system?
2. Any chance to have a new CMC on Sol? Some bodies still get decent minerals to mine.

Any clue appreciated!

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: New Civilian Mining Colonies
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:10:22 AM »
The wiki has this to say about CMC generation:
 Civilian Mining Colony Generation

A Civilian Mining Colony will only generate after a number of conditions are met:[1]
1       First, a random number is generated between 1 and 1,000,000. That random number is compared to annual empire wealth generation. If the random number is smaller than the annual empire wealth, the next generation step occurs. Otherwise, no new CMC will be generated that production cycle.
2       Next step is to determine which system a body will be generated in. Each System with more than 10m population is ranked from most population to least. The most populous system has a 50% chance to go on to the next step. If that fails, the next populous system is given a 50% chance, down the line. If all systems fail the chance, the CMC will be generated in the largest population system.
3       Once a system has been chosen, a body must be chosen. First, the body must be surveyed and have no existing colony on it. It needs to orbiting the same star as the selected population, and be no more than 80AU away.
4       On the first run through those bodies that qualify, Aurora checks for deposits of either Sorium or Duranium in excess of 25,000 tons with 0.8 accessibility or greater.
5       If no bodies qualify, Aurora then checks for deposits of either Sorium or Duranium in excess of 15,000 tons with 0.7 accessibility. A tonnage check similar to 4B is performed to evaluate which body gets the CMC.
6       Once either step 4 or 5 find at least one candidate, Aurora finds the total mineral deposits for each body. The deposit size is multiplied by accessibility, ignoring all deposits of 0.4 or less.
7       The world with the greatest total deposit is selected and a CMC of size 1-3 is created on that body
So it looks to me that the limiting factors for CMC generation are :
1) empire wealth must be below 1,000,000
2) Bodies in the selected system need to have either sorium or duranium with above .7 accessibility
3) Those bodies must be surveyed and have no colony on them

If your planets don't quife qualify you might try using spacemadter to fudge the numbers a bit, maybe cram some duranium on them, you could make up for it by taking 15,000 duranium from another planet you were intending on mining if you want, or even take it from your stockpile.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:39:40 PM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »
1) empire wealth must be below 1,000,000

This is incorrect.  If your annual empire wealth is less than 1,000,000 then the chance of a CMC is Wealth/1,000,000.  at 1,000,000 or greater you will generate a CMC every period as long as the other requirements are met.  System with 10 million population and surveyed bodies with no existing colony orbiting the same star as the 10m+ population.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 11:40:47 PM »
You're right of course, I completely misread how that worked.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 03:14:22 AM »
Reading the wiki...it says that a single mass driver can intercept any amount of incoming minerals.  Is this correct?  I assumed I needed mass drivers equal to the amount incoming... 

That frees up some mass drivers for deployment out system if I have 5 unneeded ones on Earth.

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 06:40:06 AM »
Paul, yes you only need one to receive all of the minerals.

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 03:58:38 AM »
Mmmh, so I have probably 14 extra mass drivers on Earth.

About CMC, there is probably a lack of Duranium/Sorium in the extra solar system with 40 M Pop.

Offline ArchRylen

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 10:02:16 AM »
The wiki has this to say about CMC generation:
 Civilian Mining Colony Generation

A Civilian Mining Colony will only generate after a number of conditions are met:[1]
1       First, a random number is generated between 1 and 1,000,000. That random number is compared to annual empire wealth generation. If the random number is smaller than the annual empire wealth, the next generation step occurs. Otherwise, no new CMC will be generated that production cycle.

Does anyone know how frequently a number is generated?

Offline telegraph

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »
I always assumed every production cycle (5 days by default).