Author Topic: Galactic Map  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Lafe Sparhawk (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • L
Galactic Map
« on: January 27, 2010, 11:21:54 PM »
When I reopen or refresh my galactic map the systems tree becomes stacked. Is there a way to freeze the tree or a setting that unstacks it automatically?

Lafe

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Galactic Map
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:24:58 PM »
Quote from: "Lafe Sparhawk"
When I reopen or refresh my galactic map the systems tree becomes stacked. Is there a way to freeze the tree or a setting that unstacks it automatically?

Lafe

Push the "Sys Pos" button (1st on on 2nd row), the push the "Save Positions" button.  I assume you've already figured out how to drag systems around.  BTW, the "Line Up" button will snap the systems to a grid....

John

Offline JimiD

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 04:02:14 AM »
I am having a similar problem.

4.75 patched through to 4.91.

When I open the Galactic Map, all the other stars I have jumped to are stacked on top of each other.  Sol is off to one side, but the 'sun' icon overlaps with the other 'star' icons.

I can zoom in and out, and, by dragging a rectangle over them with the mouse, select the lot, but cannot move then.

If I use the 'line up' button, then they all stack on top of one another.

When I open the Galactic window, I get a series of errors, missing files etc (I am away from home atm, and will post details later), but then the window opens succesfully, although with the problems outlined above.

I get a similar series of errors with the System View window, but then it fails to open and forces the game to quit.

My first thought is to try a fresh 4.91 install, and then to copy the 'Steve' database over again, as that appears to be the saved game location?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 04:26:43 AM »
Quote from: "JimiD"
I am having a similar problem.

4.75 patched through to 4.91.

When I open the Galactic Map, all the other stars I have jumped to are stacked on top of each other.  Sol is off to one side, but the 'sun' icon overlaps with the other 'star' icons.

I can zoom in and out, and, by dragging a rectangle over them with the mouse, select the lot, but cannot move then.

If I use the 'line up' button, then they all stack on top of one another.

When I open the Galactic window, I get a series of errors, missing files etc (I am away from home atm, and will post details later), but then the window opens succesfully, although with the problems outlined above.

I get a similar series of errors with the System View window, but then it fails to open and forces the game to quit.

My first thought is to try a fresh 4.91 install, and then to copy the 'Steve' database over again, as that appears to be the saved game location?
Aurora doesn't have a fixed galactic map. You can arrange the systems however you want to make managing your Empire easy. Click the Help button at the top of the window and it will explain how to move systems around. Don't forget to save the positions once you finish. The easiest way is using the right-click menu on one of the systems.

Steve

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 06:21:12 AM »
You drag a star by holding the shift key and drag and drop with the mouse.  Release the shift key when done.