Author Topic: Events bug?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline AndonSage (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
Events bug?
« on: April 13, 2010, 09:14:04 PM »
It appears the option to list events on the System Map isn't working correctly, but I'm trying to verify the bug before I report it.

The screenshots I've taken are 1920 x 1200, so I've linked to them instead of displaying them here. This first screenshot shows the Event Updates screen, where two events happened... Minerals Located, and Officer Update. However, the events on the system map only shows the Officer Update.
http://www.aganazzar.com/HA/Gary/aurora/Events_Bug_01.png

In this second screenshot, I show that Minerals Located is active in the Filter screen:
http://www.aganazzar.com/HA/Gary/aurora/Events_Bug_02.png

This same problem occured the prior time, where Command Assignment shows, but Minerals Located did not. The only thing I've ever done is change the BG Color on Minerals Located, but I changed it back before attempting this test.

Anyone have any ideas why this is not working as intended? Or is it?
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Events bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:28:05 AM »
The minerals located event is not an interrupt event so the game keeps running sub-pulses after it has been reported. The Events window lists all events, whereas the system map event list only report current events. So the system map isn't showing the mineral located event because it isn't actually a current event.

Steve

Offline AndonSage (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
Re: Events bug?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 05:11:24 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
The minerals located event is not an interrupt event so the game keeps running sub-pulses after it has been reported. The Events window lists all events, whereas the system map event list only report current events. So the system map isn't showing the mineral located event because it isn't actually a current event.
Thanks for the explanation Steve. Do you have a list of interrupt, or non-interrupt events (whichever is shorter)? Or perhaps you could indicate on the Events screen filter which events are interrupt or non-interrupt (again, whichever is shorter). Could be as simple as adding an * to the event name, e.g. Minerals Located*. That way I could get the list from the Events filter screen. Or if it's a large list, just add the indicator information to the wiki.

Just an idea. Thanks :)
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt